Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Trade 3B for P (2044.3)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Trade 3B for P (2044.3)

Post by lordtoffee » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:46 pm

The Robins are currently 6-5 after the first few games, and Robins GM Ben Heuring is already trying to make a move. In a somewhat interesting decision, he swung a deal with the Omaha Cyclones. The deal sent Robin 3B Yasutoki Sato to Omaha in exchange for AAA pitcher Leonard Collins. Collins was assigned to AAA San Francisco. The move comes at a curious time, as Robins GM Heuring acquired Sato from the Vancouver Mounties last year to try and improve the offense, but Sato was clearly struggling. Heuring spoke at a press conference in Montreal after the Robins won 4-0 against the Montreal Blazers.

"I want to publicly thank Omaha GM Justin Niles for agreeing to the deal, and for some good negotiations. When I acquired Sato last year from Vancouver, I was hoping that a change of scenery would help improve his offense, but it just wasn't to be. Sato was a hard worker, and the coaching staff tried a lot of different things, but at the end of the day sometimes things don't work out. I wish him the best of luck in Omaha, and if he succeeds then it is in the Frick. On a more positive note, I was impressed with Leonard Collins when his name came up in talking with Mr. Niles. I like how he has three good pitches, and how well he pitched in the Florida league. Robins fans will have to be patient, as I sent him to San Fran to get used to the organization, as well as to see how the Doves coaches like him."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Trade 3B for P (2044.3)

Post by shoeless.db » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Collins has a sneaky little reverse split. If he can bump once or twice, he'll be a solid staff member.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Trade 3B for P (2044.3)

Post by lordtoffee » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:03 pm

Yeah, and I like how he has pitched well at every level in the minors and in the FPL. He is a part of my strategy in investing in the pitching staff.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”