Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Sign Free Agent Pitcher (2044.2)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Sign Free Agent Pitcher (2044.2)

Post by lordtoffee » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:57 pm

The Robins made their first foray into free agency after sizing up the market, and trying to stay cap compliant. The new man that Robins fans will get to see in the bullpen is 28 year old RP Jose Lima. Lima signed a 3 year contract valued at $11 million, and joins the team after 2 years in the Mounties bullpen. What attracted GM Ben Heuring to Lima was that Lima was a key part of the 2041 Landis title winning Jackrabbits squad, and had a point to prove after his stint in Vancouver.

"It's a real pleasure to welcome Jose to Brooklyn, and I certainly hope that he can contribute to our future success. It has certainly been noted that I have made a major investment in pitching, and there is a reason why. In my experience, a good pitching staff can keep a team in games, and I want to make sure that our on field staff can play the correct match ups, and Jose can help us with that. In particular, I like that he is a little more able to stretch out for longer relief outings. Yes, I know that he struggled in Vancouver. What I told him during negotiations was that he can get a fresh start with our pitching philosophy, and not have to worry about being the guy. I imagine he will be used in the 7th inning, though that remains to be seen."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Sign Free Agent Pitcher (2044.2)

Post by RonCo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:55 am

Solid signing.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”