Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Win Award, FA Preview (2044.1)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Win Award, FA Preview (2044.1)

Post by lordtoffee » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:53 pm

Unsurprisingly for a team that finished at exactly .500, the Robins were largely shut out of the Johnson awards that were handed out. However, young Felipe Vega was able to win the Golden Bat for hitting 41 dingers this year. Vega has been a face of the youth movement in Brooklyn lately, and it is very exciting to see him get recognized as the best hitting LF in the Johnson by the BBA GM community. Vega said "I am happy to get this award, and I hope that we can take the step back to a playoff team. I trust our GM, as he certainly is active as a trader and a dealer in FA."

Speaking of free agency, the Robins are going to have to get creative in trying to improve the team. They have a couple of contract renewals down the road, and trying to make sure that they can stay within the cap as well as being competitive. So don't expect the Robins to go after the big gun free agents, though the prospect pool is going to probably get a chance in the spring. More on that later. What I do expect to see is Heuring to be active in negotiations. He said "I have been planning for this offseason for a while, and have a couple of priorities. The good thing is that I have a year of experience and feel like I have a better pulse of the league, and I know my organization really well. And I want Robins fans to know that every deal I do is trying to improve the team in both the short term and the long term."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”