Brooklyn State of Mind: No Man Is An Island (2043.7)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: No Man Is An Island (2043.7)

Post by lordtoffee » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:44 pm

The Brooklyn Robins are going to finish around .500, and it is safe to say that the team has failed to match expectations. GM Ben Heuring was brought in and certainly changed the team through making a lot of moves. Those moves have not exactly worked out in practice, despite most of the trades he made were certainly defensible based on what he said. In fairness to Heuring, the Robins did win the division last year in a tight race, and other teams took a step forward this year. Nevertheless, Heuring has to answer for what has happened this year, and he discussed it in his latest press conference.

"Obviously this year has been very disappointing for the team, and I know that there are a lot of people who want my head on a pike. But I am not scared of the spotlight, and am willing to make the hard choices. Really, I am. I think that this team can be improved in the offseason, and I have plans to better do that. Especially in light of UMEBA contraction, there is going to be plenty of quality players that are going to be floating around, and all they need is a chance. Maybe some other teams are going to make a mistake on that front."

Sources close to Heuring indicate that he is looking at how to add some cap space and gain some flexibility for the future. Of course, he will be watching the Landis playoffs very carefully, and see if that changes the landscape enough to make some changes. The Robins will certainly be back in the future.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: No Man Is An Island (2043.7)

Post by recte44 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:04 pm

drop me a couple of these :link:
:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”