Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Bolster Rotation With Another Trade (2043.5)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Bolster Rotation With Another Trade (2043.5)

Post by lordtoffee » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:24 am

The Robins may be looking on the outside of the playoff places, but nobody can accuse first year GM Ben Heuring for not attempting to improve the trade. Ben Heuring was proud at today's press conference to announce a trade with the Las Vegas Hustlers. In return for sending minor league pitchers Jorge Fuentes and Bang Pi, the Robins acquired SP Cris Rios. This represents the Robins' second trade in the season, and Heuring was asked about the trade and why he pulled the trigger.

He responded "Well, I first wanted to thank GM Brett Schroeder of the Las Vegas Hustlers and his staff for the productive negotiations on this trade. Robins fans might be surprised that I didn't address the bullpen, but that is something that the front office is looking to address before the deadline. The reason we made this trade was to add another experienced starter and with Vegas paying his salary this year, it gives the organization room to deal with the trade market. Cris brings experience, and in particular he can allow us to move a starter into the bullpen."

Heuring was then asked if he was attempting to be like another GM in a fictional league. That of course was referring to A.J. Preller, who was once the GM of the San Diego Padres. In the 2014-15 offseason, Preller pulled off a number of moves that became infamously known as "Prellerpalooza". Among those moves was trading for Matt Kemp, Craig Kimbrel, Wil Myers, James Shields, Justin Upton, and Melvin Upton. Those trades didn't work out, and the 2015 Padres missed the playoffs after being declared offseason champs.

Heuring said "I'm not worried about this working out. I am working hard to improve the team and make it better. Trading is a big part of that, and I always am looking to make moves that can keep this team in contention. Cris is going to help us in the rotation, and I still have some room to make trades. What the Padres did will not have any bearings on what the Robins are going to go."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Bolster Rotation With Another Trade (2043.5)

Post by Fat Nige » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:25 am

Seems like one of the trades I would get stuck with and none of mine ever worked out lol.
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Bolster Rotation With Another Trade (2043.5)

Post by RonCo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:57 pm

Fuentes will probably be a good RP conversion, but nothing is guaranteed there. Interesting deal.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”