Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Make Trade and Sizz Wins Award (2043.4)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Make Trade and Sizz Wins Award (2043.4)

Post by lordtoffee » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:41 pm

The Brooklyn Robins had a 5-2 record this week, after playing the San Antonio Outlaws at home before traveling to the Jacksonville Hurricanes and Rockville Pikemen. That record puts the Robins at 21-20, and holding the last playoff spot in the Johnson. At his press conference at Owen's Ordinary after the game against the Pikemen, GM Ben Heuring was pleased to announce a trade and a league award for the Robins.

Heuring said "Thank you for attending today's press conference. It has been a busy week for the Robins, and I have two things to talk about with the media. The first is of course the trade we made. Earlier this week, we sent AA OF Ricardo Yanez to the Vancouver Mounties in exchange for their AAA 3B Yasutoki Sato. I felt that the team could use some improvement at both short and third in order to give us a better chance at success. Sato has a lot of ability, and should help shore up a weakness while adding another young piece to this core. Yanez was a good prospect, but with the logjam of outfield talent, it was going to be hard to get him enough of a look as I would have hoped for. And in case Yanez does develop, he is in the Frick and won't hurt us as much. I would love to thank Mounties GM Taylor Bettencourt and his staff in Vancouver for productive negotiations throughout the process."

Heuring then continued "I would be remiss if I did not congratulate CF Sawyer Slizz on being named Player of the Week in the Johnson by the BBA. Sawyer has been a very productive player for us the past couple of years, and he has continued to improve on his game every day. In the short time I have been here, he has really been a great player and a greater young man. Things have been looking up in Brooklyn, and I can't wait to continue on this week to build on this momentum. We will finish this series with the Pikemen, before going home to face the Crawdads and Blazers."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”