2039.8 September Call Ups

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2039.8 September Call Ups

Post by ae37jr » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:52 pm

September Call Ups

Robins call up some crusty vets and some blue chippers.

The Brooklyn Robins have announced that they have expanded their roster to 37 players just in time for a September 1st double header against the Phoenix Talons. Brooklyn is currently a very shocking 67-67, just 2 and a half games out of a very winnable wild card spot. The team has been on the fence about what prospects to call up. Baseball purists will be happy to see that they are bypassing service time manipulation rumors while wild card contenders should be likewise worried. Let's take a look at the 10 roster additions.

DH/LF Felipe Vega
Vega is the big name here. Brooklyn's 1A hitting prospect will join the team after much heated internal debate. Vega's immediate role will be the teams DH against RHP and LF against LHP. His impact is expected to be robust and immediate. The Robins next 6 games are on the road VS Phoenix and Las Vegas. Two very good teams that happen to play in lefty homer havens. Brooklyn is rolling the dice that the rookie comes up huge right out of the gate to help them get a couple of more unexpected wins.

LF/RF Bobby Parker
Parker was a midseason acquisition that is now looking like a diamond in the rough. He's a splitsy left handed bat that rates 7/9/8/7/5 against righty pitchers. Parker is going to slot into right field, moving fellow rookie António Cordero to platoon in CF with veteran Juan Sweetworld.

2B Richard Drouin
Drouin has shot up the ranks at a rapid pace and is being rewarded with a fall call up. The split heavy lefty doesn't exactly fit with the current squad. Brooklyn is committed to giving Carlos Garcia the everyday 2B job with the hopes maybe he can steal them a 1st round pick in next years draft. So Drouin is going to play some SS in a move that could very well come back to haunt the team. It's a decision more about long term then trying to win in 2039. And Arief Alatas will be quick to come in the game with a lead. So I don't think it will be too bad a decision.

C Wyle Tupin
Tupin has long since been tagged our backup catcher of the future. He is a great defender and an even better clubhouse presence. Not a sexy move, but having a 3rd catcher adds some piece of mind. Cause you never know when your #1 and #2 catchers might get hurt in day one of a 7 day sim.

LF/Util Leonardo Rincón
Rincon has fell out of favor a bit but is still a useful players. Especially in the context of September call ups. Speed... check. Amazing Defense.... check at five different positions. This is a guy that can help us win some September baseball games for sure

LF/RF Miguel Santana
Santana is a former second round pick in the pre stacked draft era who became a bit of a bust. Not terrible though. Just not someone you plan around. We have a spot open to platoon with Gualtiero Crisci. So why not give this kid a shot?

DH José García
Garcia is a lumbering DH who hits really good but can't play the field. For 5 months a year he is useless. In September, he could win us a game. And right now, every game counts.

3B/1B Clarence Kirkpatrick
Pretty much same story as Garcia. I want as many one swing wins the game bats on my bench as I can get. 23% of our games have been decided by one run.

SP Luis Germán
Our arms aren't developing as fast as our bats. This guy figures to be in our rotation mix for 2040. Going to give him in the pen for now where he should be decent.

SP Tavio Ciccolella
He's been our good luck charm. When on our roster we won like 10 straight sims. When I DFA'd him.... first losing sim. I don't care. We have an extra roster spot. I'm sentimental. It is what it is.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2039.8 September Call Ups

Post by RonCo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:21 am

I still love Carlos Garcia beyond what is reasonable.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”