2039.2 Bobo-gram

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2039.2 Bobo-gram

Post by ae37jr » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Bobo-gram

Steven Bobovnik breaks the internet with social media blogs about being a big leaguer

Technically Steven Bobovnik isn't a millennial. He's whatever comes after a millennial. But since we don't know what that is, I'm going to say he is a social media junkie. And that is evident by his recent series of Instagram posts and you tube videos telling the youth of America, and some middle aged men who are living vicariously through him, what it is like to be a big leaguer. Bobo asks for questions from his audience and then does a short video answering them in an honest and revealing nature.

"What does a manager talk about when he visits the mound" asks John from Queens.

"Well, there are two types of trips. If you are pitching bad, the manager will really lay into you and tell you to tighten up your shit. Then there are other times when he is just killing time for a relief pitcher to warm up. Maybe he'll ask where you are going to dinner after the game or he'll say, hey check out that chick in the third row. What a babe."

"Are there baseball groupies?"

"You better believe it. After every game they are lined up at the team hotel bar just waiting for the players to come down. There was one road trip, Yellow Springs I believe, where a Brittish pop star was there and left with one of our guys. I don't want to mention any names cause I heard they are both married, but wow. She can really handle the mic if you know what I mean."

Bobo has over 3 million subscribers on his channel and 50 million views. His popularity is growing by leaps and bounds and he is no longer solely known as the son of a franchise legend. The Robins intend to capitalize on this new found celebrity and open up a kiosk at Red Robin Park called #askbobo. One lucky winner will have their question answered on the Robin-tron during the 7th inning stretch. It's expected that this increase in popularity will lead to more fans at the ballpark next season.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 2039.2 Bobo-gram

Post by recte44 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:53 pm

This is awesome

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 2039.2 Bobo-gram

Post by jleddy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:38 pm

Sounds like he was able to -- dare I say -- adapt to social media?
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”