2038.25 Lost Signal

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2038.25 Lost Signal

Post by ae37jr » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:51 pm

Lost Signal

2038 Elite Cup blacked out due to Hurricane Landis.... results still unknown.

Did you know that the single biggest event of the year just took place? A new champion was crowned in the best league, on the biggest stage of them all? Sure the Edmonton Jack-Robins won the Landis but I mean c'mon.. who really cares about the BBA. We all know that BBA GM's over value prospects. So, in fact, the Florida Prospect League's Elite Cup is the premiere championship in the league. Why else would it be called Elite? If you don't believe me, just ask the Genuis. For it was his lowly Daytona Beach Huggers that took on the mighty Apalachicola Baby Robins. A team that is harder to beat then it is to pronounce.

So whose bright idea was it to place a fall league in Florida anyway? Don't they know it's the heart of hurricane season? With all of the league focused on the Landis Memorial Series, there was another Landis looming up the west coast of Florida, heading straight for the panhandle. That was Hurricane Landis.

Hurricane Landis, not to be confused with the Cyclone, took over the BBA boards and made the FPL an after thought. I mean c'mon guys, we all know that some of you don't want your Nancy boy prospects to break a hang nail and god forbid, miss a game or two. While others could care less about having their Single A #1-#5 starters(same guy) rack up any more then the 724 he accumulated in the regulars season. But this is one of the most prestigous titles in the world. Put down that hate and appreciate. Or at least aknowledge who won the dang thing.

Instead we are left with nothing but scramble vision. Something the genuis knows all about from his childhood. It's any ones guess who won. For Brooklyn, this is a source of pride. One little nugget of hope in a season full of sucktitude. The team has won Championships at the BBA level, AAA, SS-A and two at Rookie level since the current GM took over in 2026. A win would be another notch in his belt. Leaving just A and AA left for the "Grand Slam Championship".

We've been told that the games did in fact happen. I'm not sure if they were moved into a dome or they actually played in the Hurricane. But the series is over and there is a new champion. But will we ever find out who?
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2038.25 Lost Signal

Post by RonCo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:53 pm

:)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”