GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2038.5 Freebird Rule Coming to BBA?

Post by ae37jr » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:16 pm

Freebird Rule Coming to BBA?

José Gallegos is so good, The Robins traded for him 3 times

Something smells fishy in Brooklyn. And it's not the East River, Russian prostitutes or Korean massage parlors. The Brooklyn Robins have traded for three different players named José Gallegos. Exhibit A, Exhibit B, and Exhibit C. Is this a mere coincidence or a warning sign for shenanigans to come? The Robins have earned a reputation around the league for doing devious things. They bend the rules like a kid bends a Stretch Armstrong doll on Christmas morning.

So what could they be up to? In the late 20's the Huntsville Phantoms used a platoon of two players named Juan Rodríguez(1,2). Maybe the Robins are going to do an ode to that whimsical situation? After all, 2 of the three Jose's are 1B/DH. I mean it makes sense. Brooklyn's GM isn't like the 29 other GM's in the league. He acts as if this is a game we play, similar to the sims or fortnite(whatever the heck that is). With total disregard for whether or not his internet friends think he is a good GM.

But then we must go back to the devious side. I have it on good authority that the Robins are lobbying to invoke the "Freebird Rule" in the BBA. The Fabulous Freebirds were an old wrestling tag team. But rather then having two guys per team they had three. This gave them an unfair advantage as you knew you had to fight them that night, but you didn't know which two would show up. To relate this back to the BBA, the Robins are saying(with a straight face mind you) that if they have 3 players named Jose Gallegos on their roster, they should count as just one. Only one can play that night, but it could be any of the three.

Baseball traditionalists are up in arms about this proposed rule change. Meanwhile the Robins are stock piling players with the same last name just in case they manage to talk the commissioner into this. They currently have 2 Akiyama, 2 Campos, 3 Castillo, 2 Cruz, 3 Diaz, 6 Garcia(including a LHP and RHP named Felix), 7 Gonzale(z/s), 2 Guerrero(3 on payroll), 3 Guitierez, 5 Hernandez, 4 Lopez, 4 Martinez, 3 Ramirez, 2 Rivera, 2 Rodriguez, 4 Sanchez, 2 Silva, 2 Torres, 2 Valentin, and 2 Vazquez.

Even with all this Tom Foolery going on, one fact remains. The centerfielder will stay constant. Sweetworld…… there can only be Juan. And he likely isn't going anywhere for a while.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: 2038.5 Freebird Rule Coming to BBA?

Post by Ted » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:26 pm

I noticed two, kudos on getting 3
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

felipe
Ex-GM

Post by felipe » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:00 pm

If I leave here tomorrow
Will you still remember me?

JimBob2232
BBA GM

Post by JimBob2232 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:13 pm

for a while i had 2 Jose Guttierez's in my bullpen. there was a 3rd in the league but i never could get him

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”