2038.2 Bobovnik and Lasalle Version 2.0

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2038.2 Bobovnik and Lasalle Version 2.0

Post by ae37jr » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:00 am

Bobovnik and Lasalle Version 2.0

2 Names on Robins Mount Rushmore are back together again.

When the Brooklyn Robins drafted Luke Lasalle in the 12th round of the 2033 draft, GM Alan Ehlers didn't even realize the significance of the pick. In scouting Lasalle, there was one key tool that had been overlooked. One that not many can say they have and is not measurable by stars nor a 20/80 scale. That tool is bloodlines. You see, Luke is the son of Robins legend Larry Lasalle. Who by all accounts is one of the greatest pitchers in franchise history. His 81.3 career WAR is second only to Mark Bobovnik.

Bobovnik, hmm, that sounds familiar. Oh yes, that was one of the names in the Juan Sweetworld deal. Steven Bobovnik to be exact. Grandson of the greatest pitcher ever to put on a Brooklyn uniform. Old man Bobo fills up just about the entire Brooklyn pitcher leaderboard. He is a true legend of the BBA as indicative by his hall of fame status.

"I was extremely excited to hear that I was traded to Brooklyn" said no player ever Bobovnik. "To be here in the city that Pappy Bobo played for is amazing. And to be able to walk past his statue hour before the public gets let in the park. It just gives me goose bumps thinking about it."

"Bobo and I grew up together in Baltimore", added Lasalle. "His grandfather was the pitching coach when my dad played. We used to run around the clubhouse all the time causing trouble. This is a dream come true for us."

This new version of Bobovnik and Lasalle is not expected to reach the heights of their namesakes. Bobovnik profiles as a solid ROOGY who could make a spot start or two against righty heavy teams. While Lasalle is at high risk of not making it. He has good enough stuff and a solid pitch selection. But his control, movement, and stamina create a non cohesive blend of talents.

With Brooklyn entering a long term rebuild, their skillsets are secondary. The Robins are going to need some names to put on jerseys during the lean years. And I can think of no better names to put on those jerseys then Bobovnik and Lasalle.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”