GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2037.26 Don't Rain on our Parade

Post by ae37jr » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:13 pm

Don't Rain on our Parade

classless Robins mock Aztecs in post series celebration

We bring you this very special edition of Robins Roundup on location from Port Saint Lucie Florida. Where I just finished up watching the spring training sim for the MLB league in OOTP baseball. But who cares about fake baseball anyway? Way too many injuries, games never get rained out and the playoffs? Nothing but a random number generator. The league I am in is even considering starting an inning with a runner on 2B? WTF is that arcade shit!

The Brooklyn Robins have been telling anyone that will listen to them, that they are winning the Landis this season and it's already a done deal. Call it fate, call it destiny, I prefer to call it smoking too much crack. But to each their own. The team has gone so far as to schedule a parade already. So when they paired up against the red hot Mexico City Aztecs in the first round of the playoffs(I still can't spell Joe's last name). We began to wonder if a hot team could rain on their parade.

The series started on a good note. Mauro Flores pitched 6 innings of 3 hit ball. I'm not quite sure why he got such a quick hook, his pitch limit was set to 200 and he made it a mere halfway there. But none the less, an 8-1 victory was a great way to set the tone for the series.

There series then headed south of the border. A funny note here. Brooklyn actually considered starting Flores both of these games as well. Figuring that they would both get rained out and he'd be near full rest when they finally got 9 innings in. There was a lengthy rain delay during game two. Maybe it threw off Francisco Ruiz a little bit as he gave up a 3 run homer to Jose Estrada shortly after. In the end, Brooklyn lost both road games and were facing elimination heading back home.

Flores was back on the hill in game 4. He pitched another stellar game. But you know who the games real hero, or should I say "antihero" was? Jerome Delange. Mexico City faced some scrutiny when they traded away defensive standout Brett Compton at the deadline. And wouldn't you know with a chance to put away a series, his replacement clanks a ball off his mitt to give the game away.

Game 5 was sheer dominance by Brooklyns Francisco Ruiz. The righty pitched 8 innings of one hit ball to secure the win and propel Brooklyn to the Doubleday series. After the game, rather then celebrating in the clubhouse, the grounds crew rolled the tarp onto the field. Players rushed from the dugout and poured champagne all over the tarp and proceeded to do the "slip and slide" all over the field as the PA system cranked "Umbrella" by Rihanna.

It should be noted though that Harlan Moore, currently out with a day to day injury, was slightly injured in the slip and slide incident and will now also miss the Doubleday and possibly longer.

Next up for the Robins is the powerhouse Rockville Pikeman. Rockville is far and away the better baseball team. But just two years ago Brooklyn sent a bone chilling message by outscoring Rockville by a large margin in the Cartwright Cup. The Pikeman ended up winning the series via 3 one run and one two run victories. But Brooklyn's dominance in the other games definitely sent a message.

Mauro Flores is expected to get the start in game one. Yes that is correct, Mauro Flores on two days rest will start game one of the series. Think about that when you give him a $30 million a year contract this winter folks. Looney is going to be as beat up and have more miles on him then a used Hyundai in Wisconsin. Make sure you buy the warranty folks. It's gonna look sexy in the lot, but the wheels are going to fall off before you make it home.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”