2037.24 Parra Perfecto

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2037.24 Parra Perfecto

Post by ae37jr » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:36 pm

Parra Perfecto

Parra becomes 1st pitcher in the last 26 years to throw a perfect game in the Spike Nolan.
Perfecto: Parra Allows No Baserunners
Friday, August 7th, 2037
The near-impossible occurred today: Manuel Parra pitched a perfect game, securing a place for himself in baseball history.

Starting for the Lexington Sycamores, Parra defeated the Denison Monarchs 5-0 in a no-run, no-hit, no-man-reach-first game -- the rarest of the rare.

"I knew what was going on," he acknowledged to BNN after the game. "I was hoping the fans would kind of shush a little bit. They were making me nervous."

When his perfect day on the mound ended, he pumped his fist twice at the ground as he was swarmed by his teammates. He made his way off the field to a standing ovation from the crowd and gave fans a final wave before disappearing into the clubhouse.

"You don't talk to the guy about it, of course, but I could tell he was confident," Sycamores manager John Buckley said. "He wanted it."

The left-hander walked nobody and struck out 14 in the game, for which he had a special audience in the stands -- his parents. Parra said his dad appeared puzzled in the clubhouse after the game and asked what all the excitement was about.

"He said he got there late, and I was like, 'Oh my god, you missed my perfect game!'" Parra recounted. "Of course, turns out he was kidding. They had seen the whole thing."

On his stats sheet this season Parra shows a 2-1 record, 8 starts, 42 innings, 51 strikeouts and a 1.50 ERA.
We'd like to take a brief minute to pad the ole PP spreadsheet and congratulate Lexington Sycamore pitcher Manuel Parra on an astonishing feat. On August 7th Parra became the fourth ever Spike Nolan pitcher to throw a perfect game.

Parra was drafted just this past June as the 493rd pick in the draft. He's got poor movement, but decent control and 3 electric pitches. At age 21, I should probably call him up to A or SS-A. This feat does nothing but accentuate that. But with a week left in the season, it's probably a moot point. My bad.

Back to the game. Parra struck out a Lexington single game record 14 batters. He also economically threw just 99 pitches, 73 of which were strikes. On the season, Parra is 2-1 with a 1.55 ERA(5th in R). The Lexington Sycamores are now 37-18 to lead the Big Country Division. The team is looking to win its 3rd Managers Cup in the last 6 seasons.

*edit* I guess Hak-joon Kwon threw a perfect game in his one and only spot start just 6 days before Parra. So this whole article is a lie
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”