ae37jr
BBA GM

2037.19 Akiyama Seeks 3rd Opinion?

Post by ae37jr » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 pm

Akiyama Seeks 3rd Opinion?

Robins Landis hopes may have caught a break during last weeks time space warp
News From Last Sim wrote:More Injury Problems For Brooklyn's Ryosei Akiyama
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2037
The Brooklyn Robins trainer was the bearer of bad news today, as it was learned Ryosei Akiyama's injury will keep him out of the lineup for longer than expected. The Robins reliever is being treated for a ruptured finger tendon. During a routine exam, Akiyama's condition was found to be worse than originally diagnosed and he is now expected to rehab at least another 4 months.

Ryosei Akiyama is expected to undergo surgery in Brooklyn(New York) tomorrow.

This season Akiyama has been credited with 3 saves in 7 relief appearances. In 8.1 innings he has a 0-0 won-lost mark, 5.40 ERA and 10 strikeouts
This was the headline that greeted Brooklyn fans following the last week of games. Ryosei Akiyama, the Robins All Star relief pitcher, had been dealing with a nagging injury since the early days of April. Akiyama was upset at a non call by home plate umpire Ima Blindman and proceeded to flip Blindman the bird. He did so with such vengeance that he ruptured his finger tendon in the process. Ryosei is scheduled to be back around the all star break. But a recent discovery by doctors seemed to push that time table back.

"During a routine MRI, we seemed to have found some problematic scar tissue in Mr. Akiyama's left middle finger. The damage is such that we need to go in and perform an emergency exploratory surgery. It is not yet known if we will be able to save Mr. Akiyama's finger"

According to an unnamed nurse, Akiyama was upset that he was not cleared to resume baseball activities and flipped off Dr. Fin Gerchoppper. It was during this act that further damage was done to the dominant digit. the prognosis is that Ryosei will now miss another 4 months. Taking him out till at least October 23. Brooklyn's season will likely be over and dead at that point.

Scene goes black and fades back in real fuzzy

"Yo Liquidater... wake up man. You ready for the doctors appointment next week?"... says Jorge Pérez
"Not funny man(flips Perez the bird). You know damn well I need surgery tomorrow and might lose it"
"Yeah right. They can't do that. That finger is your money maker. You bumped from "unknown" to "well known" in fan interest when flipped off that ump. Fans went nuts. Besides 4 finger Akiyama doesn't have the same ring as 4 finger Brown. Your appointment isn't till next week."
"Wait... what is todays date?"
"June 16th"
"Holy shit that is crazy. I had the most insane dream. It felt so real. A whole week went by. We went 3-3. We lost a series to Madison of all teams. The doctor said I needed surgery and my season was done. And that trade. We made the worst trade in history. We gave up our first round pick for a bunch of washed up 30 somethings. I'm glad that didn't really happen!"
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”