GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2037.14 Scouring the Waiver Wire

Post by ae37jr » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Scouring the Waiver Wire

(Eye spy with my little eye....)

The opening day waiver wire is always filled with little surprises. Teams often stock up on major league players during the winter months and are stuck playing the "options game" at the end of spring trying to find a way to protect everyone. It usually doesn't end well if you have a lot of talented guys on your team. There is always a team worse for the wear that has a need for mediocre quality players. So you hope and you pray that nobody snatches up your AAAA player and you can stash him in the minors till the inevitable injury occurs.

It's almost reminiscent of the expansion draft a few years ago. Some teams lost zero players, others lost one, some two and even as many as three. Then there was the Brooklyn Robins who lost three players and 10 points fan interest. But that had less to do with the draft and was more about mislabeling players positions to make them look less desirable. So I suppose that has absolutely nothing to do with the waiver wire. :coffee:

When asked if he saw anything of interest on the waiver wire, Robins GM Alan Ehlers had this to say...

"Quite frankly, we are more broke then a wellfair "worker" on the 29th of the month. So we aren't able to claim any players. But if we were... there is one very interesting player out there. I'm not going to mention any names. But he kind of has a little Corey Jackson in him. I love a pitcher who can hit and he is right up our alley."

When asked if he was going to file any complaints about anything...

"Heck no. Like I said a few years ago... it's funny. If GM's are too lazy or stupid to figure it out, then they deserve to miss out. It's not like we are talking about once in a generation talents here. It's a 4-A player. How you going to complain about a 4-A player. I mean really a 4-A player? .... but that said, if the league should happen to finally refund us our hard earned fan interest, I wouldn't be opposed. Not happening? Well at least I milked another 2 PP out of this. So its still a win in my book.

In the writing of this TN, I found out that there is another Corey Jackson who is a 1B in College and looks like CoJacks twin. He can't hit either. Makes me sad that I didn't think of that as a create-a-player.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 2037.14 Scouring the Waiver Wire

Post by recte44 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:15 pm

I know who you speak of! Boise sees him!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”