2036.23 Taking the Hot Foot to a New Level

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2036.23 Taking the Hot Foot to a New Level

Post by ae37jr » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Taking the Hot Foot to a New Level

(Perez and Cherono sauce it up on get away day. )

There is a new meme going around the internet these days. It's called #CheronoChallenge. Kidanu Cherono is a low leverage relief pitcher for the Brooklyn Robins by day and by night he is a clubhouse comedian and a hot sauce connoisseur. Cherono likes to slather the sauce on everything. Camera pans during a typical game usually show the 24 year old righty putting hot sauce on wings, burgers, nachos, popcorn and hot dogs. One time the camera even caught Cherono putting Cholula on his ice cream cone. Robin fans seemed to pick up on the antics and have posted pictures all over social media of themselves eating something crazy with hot sauce on it. They then tag it... #CheronoChallenge.

Just last week the Brooklyn Robin players reconvened at Red Robin Park to clean out their lockers. Other players brought up the #CheronoChallenge...

"What a disgrace to the team. We lose $50 million, miss the playoffs, and this kid is shown nightly chugging down bottles of Tabasco Sauce in the bullpen."...Chris Workman

"The marketing department here sucks. They should be marketing me and not this Cherono kid. I'm a future hall of famer and he is nothing but a lowly RP convert in the making. You know you're a shit pitcher when your team considers RP converting you"...Mauro Flores

"All this hot sauce just gives him the bubble guts. Gives new meaning to the phrase 4 game skid" ….William Belcham

Cherono is not the only prankster on the team. Fellow RP Jorge Perez always knows hot to break the tension in the locker room. "Hey Cherono, don't forget to pack your hot sauce"...He then pulled a bottle out of his locker, unscrewed the cap with a flick of the wrist and with a solid thrust, Perez shot a few drops of hot sauce clear across the room at Cherono.

"OWWIES, MY EYE!!!"…. screamed Cherono.

The team trainer immediately stepped in for medical attention. It was the first time I've ever seen someone actually use an eye wash machine. When all was said and done, there was no retinal damage. It did, however, cause a sinus infection that will cost Cherono 4 days. On the bright side, Brookln is not playing in the Landis this year. So this means absolutely nothing. Hopefully these crazy mellenials don't read this article and start putting hot sauce in their eyes like the Tide Pod Challenge. Damn kids these days.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”