GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2036.2 Shearing the Sheep?

Post by ae37jr » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:05 am

Shearing the Sheep?

(Brooklyn steers clear of dirty deeds)

It was just last season that a new GM took the reigns of the Nashville Goats. Like sharks that smelled blood in the water, BBA GM's were quick to swarm in and offer the newbie GM the worst of trades offers. It's a practice that sadly shows the dark side of the league. One in which schoolyard bullies give the new kid a swirlie rather then showing him the ropes. This is not a knock on Goats GM Brett "The Brain" Golden. Every GM currently in the league was new at some point and had to endure this dark behavior. For Brooklyn, it was the Michael Leroy trade. Golden has since stood up to the bullying and the world famous "Plan" is going full steam ahead.

Meanwhile, the Brooklyn Robins have been the opposite of bullying. Their tag line has been..."Making bade trades look good since 2026". It is rumored that the Robins had a strong interest in some of the Goats players at the time. Guys like Juan Nicto and Brooklyn native Elijah Curry had previously been on the Robins radar. They perhaps could have been acquired at a bargain rate. But Brooklyn GM Alan Ehlers opted to take the high road and not even deal with the rookie GM until fair trades could be had. Ehlers recently had this to say...

"We're not in business to shear the sheep. If other people want to f*ck the goats, that's their prerogative. Some of them went as far as doing the dirty deed with no lubrication and no reverberation. And went back for seconds too! That is just nasty. Now, I'm not here to shame them. We all have our own freaky fetishes. If a grown ass man wants to f*ck a goat, that's his choice. Personally I do not condone that type of behavior and think there should be a law against it. But others seem have no problem looking in the mirror after sticking it to a goat."

Ehlers was referencing two recent trades between the Nashville Goats and Brooklyn Robins. The first sent 5th outfielder Herve Billy to Brooklyn in exchange for a 20 year old relief pitching prospect named Akli Yoofi, who with a little luck, could develop a bit more control and be a solid bullpen piece. The second trade Brooklyn sent 28 year old Raul Miranda, fresh off back to back breakout seasons to the music city for a cool $250k. It's doubtful that anyone will file any complaints with the league about these trades. If anything, they may favor the Goats a bit. But in the end, both teams achieved what they wanted.

PETA has contacted my lawyers and I've been advised to say that "No goats were harmed in the writing of this team news".
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”