Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Start Makeover of Pitching Staff (2049.1)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Start Makeover of Pitching Staff (2049.1)

Post by lordtoffee » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:10 am

The Robins have nowhere to go but up, but the team has begun to make a serious upgrade on starting pitching. With the cap space, it was always going to be used on getting some fresh blood. Normally, signing Jim Armstrong would be considered a major signing at the top of the Robin rotation, but that was before a phone call was made to the West Coast.

Don't get me wrong, Armstrong is a good option. He is 31, and is familiar with the Robins after his many years of being a standout on the Atlantic rival Crawdads. His jersey has already been a popular one at the Robins team store. While it is true that the rotator cuff injury did disrupt him with the Mad Popes, the Robins weren't too worried. Armstrong is back in a familiar league, and he is facing a lot of the same opponents against which he had a lot of success. At his introductory press conference, Armstrong was all smiles with the New York media, and praised management for convincing him.

"It's clear that I was looking to come back to the JL, as despite my best efforts it didn't work out as well as it could have in Sacramento. I'm excited to be in the biggest market in the BBA, and to have a strong backer in the GM. When my agent and I met with Mr. Heuring, he sold me on his vision, and when I heard the rumors of a deal in place to bring in an elite starter, you can't say no to that."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

DugoutDesperado
Ex-GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Start Makeover of Pitching Staff (2049.1)

Post by DugoutDesperado » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:12 pm

Not so sure I am a big fan of Armstrong and Kondo coming into the Hotlantic. ;)

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Re: Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Start Makeover of Pitching Staff (2049.1)

Post by lordtoffee » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:31 pm

Pitching was where I thought I needed the biggest investment in the offseason, and at the very least it will help cash flow and fan interest.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”