2040.8 GM on Hotseat?

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2040.8 GM on Hotseat?

Post by ae37jr » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:13 pm

GM on Hotseat?

Robins owner Dale Doback is growing tired of GM's shenanigans.

You couldn't have wrote chapter one of this story any better then it played out. A young upstart GM named Alan Ehlers took over the last place (in the entire BBA) Robins on June 1st of 2026. Made a bunch of trades that the league scoffed at. "Looks like another minnow in a sea of sharks" said one rival GM off the cuff. Then something magical happened. The team caught fire. Every move the mysterious GM made seemed to turn to gold. Brooklyn passed team by team on it's way up the standings. By seasons end they had nudged their way to the top of the anemic Johnson Atlantic to clinch a playoff birth. It was the joke of the league. What team would be matched up against Brooklyn and essentially draw a "bye". The Robins perserveerred. A round one victory over Hawaii. A Cartwright sweep over the sleepwalking Phantoms. And the magic of a shocking Landis win over New Orleans.

The league was put on notice. "Who is this guy and how did he lead this group to be the worst team ever to win a Landis? and in his first season!" The next season Brooklyn had the best record in the Johnson league only to get bounced early from the playoffs. From there the wheels fell off the wagon. Ehlers eventually dismantled the team he was handed and started a rebuild of his own.

After years of fumbling around with various gimmicks and shenanigans during a failed rebuild, the bold GM claimed he was going all in and would win another Landis. He traded everyone in sight for old guys, making bad trade after bad trade. Only to fall short in the 2035 Cartwright cup. After the 2037 run ended early in the playoffs, the team was dismantled in another contrived move. This time "The World's Greatest Rebuild..... for Dummies".

Meanwhile behind the scenes, Robins owner Dale Doback is growing tired of the GM's antics. The team has lost upwards of $200 million on the GM's watch and most of that came straight out of Dobacks pocket. Rumors are swirling around that the GM now has a very short leash and may not survive the 2040 season, let alone finishing the rebuild. While the team sits at 7-10, owner Dale Doback is over in the middle east scouting out some fresh baseball minds like the one he found in Brussels 14 years before.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2038.8 GM on Hotseat?

Post by RonCo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:01 am

Apparently flags don't fly forever?
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

jleddy
Ex-GM

Post by jleddy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:44 pm

Okay, I guess it's been quite a while since I perused the team news so starting alphabetically by team and reading and commenting on every story tonight.

[cracks knuckles]

[brushes off the dust from a month old post]

I feel your pain, Alan...you could fry latkes from how hot my seat is.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Fried latkes. Hmmm
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”