2038.14 Quick Hits

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

ae37jr
BBA GM

2038.14 Quick Hits

Post by ae37jr » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Quick Hits

Robins call up some young pitching and other news.
I've been in a bit of a writers slump lately. I keep writing articles and giving up a few sentences in. I think it's just the doldrums of year one of a rebuild setting in. Nobody wants to hear about Brooklyn's crappy ass team and don't even want to write about them. I think maybe in the future I'm going to write team news about my farm teams. Maybe that will help me build a connection to the next generation. But for now, here are some quick hits.

Brooklyn Gets Swept by Des Moines
I don't like to, nor am in any position to talk crap about a teams lack of success. Any team can beat any team on any given occasion. But I admit that being swept by Des Moines totally deflated my hope for 2038. They have been a team of futility for such a long time and our ineptitude to even take one game of the series is really depressing.

Brooklyn No Hit by Celio Marin
This was the worst 3-4 week ever. I felt better the week we went 0-6. No hitters are no fun to be a part of. Making things worse was the opponent. Rockville single handedly spoiled our "all in run". They are clearly a better team then us this year, but you have to hope for at least one hit.

We Finally Have a Top 100 Prospect
I almost wanted to make this a running joke and trade away every player on the threshold of the top prospect list. IMO that list is mostly crap. A team could have zero top 100 prospects and have "the worst farm team" even if they have 99 of the next 100. We are a team that is building a deep farm system rather then a top heavy one. The top prospect list does nothing to show our progress, None the less, we will hold onto Luis Espinosa, who figures to be a decent pitcher.

Our Farm System Has a .599 Winning Percentage
If you add up our AAA,AA,A,SS-A, and R team records, we are 145-97. That is a .599 Winning percentage. With the exception of AAA(which we use as a BBA "B-team" ) and a few team captains who serve bench roles at each level, our teams are all at or under age appropriate levels. This is part of the reason why we are very happy with our rebuild thus far. There aren't many sexy names to oogle over. We are just building a solid core of future BBA players.

Rick Ward Returns to Brooklyn
In what is sure to infuriate people with too much time on their hands looking to complain about something.... the Istanbul Bospherus recently released injured pitcher Rick Ward, who was then immediately scooped up by the Brooklyn Robins. Look, nobody cares about Ward except for me. He'll be a coach in Brooklyn when he retires. Rather then having his broken arm in Turkey, I'd rather get enjoyment out of seeing him on my DL. There is really no benefit to the move at all. It was a fun of the game move.

Lasalle and Good Called Up
Our number 21 prospect(Luke Lasalle) and number 30(Larry Good) will make their BBA debuts next sim. Lasalle is off course the offspring of Baltimore Monarch(now Brooklyn Robins) great Larry Lasalle. Luke was never really considered to be a prospect but has put up some solid minor league numbers in his 6 year tenure. It will be interesting to see how he fares.

Good has been better then good in his first go around with the franchise. Acquired in the Fernando Cruz trade, Good has 11 saves and a 2.33 ERA in an astounding 85 innings as a AAA stopper in San Francisco. The 6'5 Seattle native is death on lefties with an 11/7/7 potential against left handed bats. The team was said to be holding him back intentionally with service time manipulation as the reasoning. I guess his promotion will put the squash on that notion.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 2038.14 Quick Hits

Post by HoosierVic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:40 pm

Alan - it seems to me that something like the Ward move indicates just how immersed you are in the franchise, in a good way. Not sure why anyone would complain about you picking him up, but I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s just Brooklyn taking care of one of its own ...

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:44 am

Damn, Lasalle really lost his luster. At least he'll get a cup of coffee.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:57 pm

We like Rick Ward.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”