World Series 2011 (Game 5)

Discuss current Major League Baseball here.
Al-Hoot

World Series 2011 (Game 5)

Post by Al-Hoot » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:44 pm

:popcorn:

I went to WS game 5 in Arlington. First WS game for me. Wasn't the "best" game I have ever seen (a bit messy with fielding errors and the Rangers allowing way too many Cards to reach base) and a bit wacky (with some running mistakes? by the Cards and the bullpen mess up by La Russa: and I have never seen a RP come in a game, walk someone intentionally and then leave) :eek: But I approved Washington walking Pujols intentionally three straight times, even with nobody on base the last time.

Murphy had a great a catch a play or two after dropping a ball twice trying to pick it up.

The bounce off Scrabble's leg was precious--as was the bullpen mix up that had him pitching to NA- PO- LI-.

Both starching pitchers dropped a ground ball at the same spot on the field, about 10-15 feet away from first.

Feliz comes in and gets another messy save.

But thanks to Craig running twice with Pujols at bat. I guess the specter of a GIDP was on the mind of La Russa.

It seemed nothing special during the first five innings, just being at any ordinary game. But by the sixth on, I knew I was at a WS game - and a good one. And the crowd noise and fervor was tremendous.

Couldn't have written a better script myself - except I probably wouldn't have made it so wacky and let so many Cards on base.

blake
Ex-GM

Re: World Series 2011 (Game 5)

Post by blake » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:12 pm

I thought it was a great game. It has been one of the better World Series I can remember. The two caught stealings were major. Plus the Murphy catch was huge. Feliz looked absolutely scared to death in the 9th. It looked like he was going to completely implode until the strike him out throw him out double play.

Al-Hoot

Post by Al-Hoot » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Feliz looked similar in Game 2, ninth inning. But he got the job done. Hoping the Series will end tonight, if it's not raining.

blake
Ex-GM

Post by blake » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Al-Hoot wrote:Feliz looked similar in Game 2, ninth inning. But he got the job done. Hoping the Series will end tonight, if it's not raining.
They postponed it hours ago unfortunately.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “MLB Talk”