No More Jeff Sullivan #sadface

Discuss current Major League Baseball here.
Ted
Ex-GM

No More Jeff Sullivan #sadface

Post by Ted » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:15 pm

I know there are some fangraphs and Effectively Wild readers and listeners here. Maybe this should be off topic, but he writes about MLB so ...

I can't get past this one. As everyone else got hired by front offices and I lose more and more good analytical content, I've held up knowing there are more good young minds out there. I don't know if I can get over it this time. As far as I'm concerned, he's the best baseball writer out there, has been for at least a few years, and it's not close. His avility to ask good questions, find appropriate ways to answer them without getting so math heavy he loses you, combined with his brilliant and understated wit made him the perfect writer for me. And now he's gone. And all of the other top writers seem to be gone already. I've noticed being less inclined to finish articles the last year or two, and now I don't know if there's a single person left now whose posts I look forward to.

I'm thrilled to see him go to the Rays, which seems like a match made in heaven, but ugh. Just ugh.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: No More Jeff Sullivan #sadface

Post by Lane » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:13 pm

:cry:
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic