I'm on the Tebow bandwagon

Discuss current Major League Baseball here.
ae37jr
BBA GM

I'm on the Tebow bandwagon

Post by ae37jr » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:05 pm

As a transplant Mets fan who lives in Florida, I've reluctantly had to watch this Tim Tebow fiasco for the past 2-3 seasons. He's in spring training, he played for Saint Lucie for a while. He has been everywhere. The places get sold out, all the girls scream when he bends over to put the donut on his bat. They mob him for autographs. It's a joke. I get the publicity and merchandise side of things. He has clearly paid for his salary tenfold already.

He started as the most atrocious player I had ever seen. Big long akward swing, couldn't cut the bases, broke the wrong way on flyballs, no baseball instincts what so ever. Then he started getting a little better. Noticed some plate disciple, he made a nice diving catch last year. He still sucked, just not as bad. I got to tell you though. I saw him today and he was hitting BOMBS. 450 foot bombs and lots of them.

So I'm thinking. He isn't going to hit for average. Will be a bad baserunner and fielder(has a strong arm obviously). But if he can draw walks and hit for power like I saw today, he might be a major league player. Not an all star or anything like that. More like a platoon/4th outfielder. So yeah, I'm now a believer that Tebow will get a cup of coffee at the major league level.

A side note. I got Jason Vargas autograph and accidently called him Jorge(Brooklyn has a CF named Jorge Vargas).

I also had brief conversation with Brodie Van Wagenen. It may or may not have had to do with the Cyclone. So steer clear of DeGrom and Syndergaard in fantasy leagues this season.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: I'm on the Tebow bandwagon

Post by RonCo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:35 pm

I hope Tebow does something fun.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

agrudez
Ex-GM

Re: I'm on the Tebow bandwagon

Post by agrudez » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:31 am

It must be so difficult finding something to look forward to as a Mets fan year in and year out. ;)
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “MLB Talk”