Machado Signed and I'm So Happy!!!

Discuss current Major League Baseball here.
StormZ_23
Ex-GM

Machado Signed and I'm So Happy!!!

Post by StormZ_23 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm a Padres fan and this offseason has just been exhausting. So happy right now and I now have to buy tickets to opening day! Just thought I'd share lol. I wonder how much Harper will sign for now.
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

handaspencer
Ex-GM

Re: Machado Signed and I'm So Happy!!!

Post by handaspencer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Sounds like Phillies in the lead for Harper but he has reservations about Philadelphia.

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:00 pm

I have two thoughts about Machado to Padres. One, they just released that fluff piece where they "opened their books" to try to explain why they couldn't spend, and the reception was not good. Wonder if this is related?

Secondly, so much for the "This is taking so long because the owners are too stingy" crowd. Machado was projected at 10 for 250. He crushed that. May not be what he wanted, but this is a bigger deal than many though he could get back before FA started. Second, we know Bryce had a 10/300 deal offered by the Nats, and supposedly they bid over that once already. So why did it take so long? Because of their agents. Not because owners and GMs wouldn't spend. I'm not saying MLB scales and FA don't have problems, but the outcry about these guys not getting paid enough appears to be largely overstated.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:10 pm

It was absolutely ridiculous that the MLBPA rep came out and tried to blast owners for these negotiations dragging out. It is painfully obvious that it is being driven by the agents (particularly Boras).
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “MLB Talk”