On a positive HoF note....

Discuss current Major League Baseball here.
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

On a positive HoF note....

Post by RonCo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:21 pm

GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

Re: On a positive HoF note....

Post by Spiccoli » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:31 am

Love this...

John Elway was this guy for me.

I was at his first pre-season game as a 2nd grader. I grew up watching him with my dad.

So many amazing wins (sorry Cleveland)
So many devastating Superbowls

I don’t think people outside of Denver can understand the dread that settled over the town during the two weeks before the Green Bay Super Bowl.

No one wanted to be the one to host a SB party. All we heard was how the Broncos were one of the biggest underdogs in NFL history. I think a lot of us just wanted to watch the game home alone so we could turn off the TV at halftime, get drunk and listen to the nation make fun of another Bronco blowout the next week.

Most of us managed to get together at some party or another. But I think it was more out of sense of duty as a Bronco fan and not because we were excited about the game. We had been down this road before.

Y’all know how it played out. My wife (from Texas) makes fun of my Elway crush. I come to tears anytime I watch a replay of that game. Terrel Davis... So many amazing moments. Yeah, I know it’s silly... lol

I don’t think she can understand... For some of us, that game was the conclusion almost 20 years of disappointment when Dallas crushed the Broncos n the 70’s. Losing all those Superbowls was bad, but the way they were lost.

I wish we would have had a Baseball team back then. The Nuggets were really good then, but the Lakers were better... a lot better.

It was Elway... and we lived and died with him
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “MLB Talk”