Radio and TV and Baseball

Non-league talk in here. Please make NSFW *links* and not pics.
scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Radio and TV and Baseball

Post by scottsdale_joe » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Three things of interest:

Tomorrow night (7/23) on PBS's "American Masters" will be a premiere episode called "Ted Williams - The Greatest Hitter Who Ever Lived". It should be fascinating television.

Anyone else tune in or tape the weekly NPR Radio show "Only A Game"? It's so good! It's on Saturdays at 7 am eastern time. It's produced by Boston's WBUR and is hosted by Bill Littlefield. The show will continue but, very sadly, Littlefield is retiring. His last show will be the one airing on 7/28. I've been listening for over twenty years. I'll miss him.

Friday night the Red Sox beat the Tigers 1-0. The game lasted 3 hours and 31 minutes! That's three and a half hours for a one run game in which there was only one extra base hit! That's nuts. Anyone who thinks slow play isn't killing baseball interest is delusional.

:popcorn:
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: Radio and TV and Baseball

Post by ae37jr » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Baseball games are indeed getting too long and boring. I consider myself a diehard fan and most of the time I just do other stuff(like play OOTP) and have the game on as background noise. In the rare event that the game is really interesting I'll pay attention more.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Off Topic Chatter”