OT: My 2016 Green Bay Packers Roster Projections

Non-league talk in here. Please make NSFW *links* and not pics.
recte44
GB: Commissioner

OT: My 2016 Green Bay Packers Roster Projections

Post by recte44 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:18 am

My 2016 Green Bay Packers Roster Projections

Here's my current Green Bay Packers 53 man roster projection. Some notes:
1) No PUP or Suspended list option on this Roster Builder, so Linsley, Pennel and Goodson show up as cuts, but they really aren't.
2) There is absolutely no way to sneak Geronimo Allison on the team that I can see, unless they do something uncharacteristic like cut Janis or Davis. I put him on the Practice Squad, but there's no way another team doesn't claim him for their active roster.
3) Same for Marwin Evans.
4) My toughest call was at linebacker, where I thought long and hard, but I went with Carl Bradford over Joe Thomas here. Bradford was a draft pick and that plays a part, he's also looked better. While Thomas was ok last year he was out on Dallas' practice squad, so he's not that highly regarded, and he's really small. The presence of Brice might allow Burnett to play more hybrid LB/S as they've shown with him throughout the preseason from time to time, making Thomas' presence less important. If it's a pure Special Teams decision, then Thomas gets the nod.
5) Three other guys I outright released and really won't be shocked if Ted does, as well: OL Josh Walker, TE Kennard Backman, and OLB Jayrone Elliott.
6) Christian Ringo to the practice squad. With Pennel suspended, we need a bigger body and Price is simply a bigger boy than he is. I highly suspect we'll have a new face on the DL before we play JAX Week 1. Terrence Knighton is available! Could he be this years version of Howard Green??
7) Went with Josh Hawkins as the last CB over Daniel and Dorleant. Both of those guys to the PS. Point is moot when Goodson comes back, unless an injury pops up.
8) Man, outside of our top guys our OL depth just isn't there. Seems to be a theme. Barclay and Murphy make the 53, at least until (if?) Linsley returns. The only guy that was cut that I remotely like is Lucas Patrick, who has shown some signs of being a scrapper and that's why I kept him on the PS.
9) Reggie Gilbert has been better than 3rd round pick Kyler Fackrell in camp. He's on the PS. Fackrell gets a pass this year, but he better start developing or I'm afraid he might be another Bradford like reach.
10) Is there a real chance some QB poor team might snatch up Callahan before he makes it to our PS? Probably slim, but he sure has played well.
11) I really liked Peter Mortell. I get where they're coming from, Masthay has been reasonably consistent, and his holding for Crosby cannot be underestimated.
12) Jared Cook is going to have a really big season. At least 60 catches, 750 yards, 8 TD. Mark it down.
13) Is anyone else worried that Aaron Ripkowski isn't ready to step into Kuhn's shoes? Or am I worrying too much about fullback?
14) No one beats out John Crockett. To the PS, Burks! Good try but "Taz" is the man here.
15) Hey, Dean Lowry looks like a bust so far, too. Thought he had the perfect body type to play end for us. Maybe he'll catch on. I saw Washington signed Cullen Jenkins off the street yesterday and wondered, with all of our DL depth problems, why in the world we didn't at least call him!
Predictions:
at JAX: W (but closer than you would think, JAX is going to be a playoff team)
at MIN: L (could go either way, I think our lack of DL depth gets tested here)
vs DET: W (home opener, expecting a good show here)
vs NYG: W (will be interesting to see how McAdoo plays us, similar to McCarthy)
vs DAL: W (Prescott's shine will long have worn off by here, I think he'll be a good pro but will have to take some lumps)
vs CHI: W (Cutler says Bears are "dumbest team in the league". Nice leadership, bro.)
at ATL: W (I expect ATL to be better this year, should be a good game)
vs IND: W (home field advantage should give us the edge)
at TEN: W (Titans not ready for a team this good yet)
at WAS: L (some payback for the Redskins, who should be in the thick of things here)
at PHI: W (Pedersen's first year as a head coach is going to have some drama, I predict. That's what happens when you sign your incumbent QB to a big deal, then sign your former backup QB from KC to a premium deal, then trade a shitload of picks to draft your "franchise" QB. Not sure how this is going to play out, but it's going to be entertaining to watch)
vs HOU: W (December in Lambeau. The Texans are going to be pretty good, though, this could be our toughest test all season)
Record: 14-2

recte44

Re: OT: My 2016 Green Bay Packers Roster Projections

Post by recte44 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:19 am

Note: In this case when I refer to "Ted" I mean Thompson, not Schmidt. :)

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:26 am

recte44 wrote:Note: In this case when I refer to "Ted" I mean Thompson, not Schmidt. :)
I don't know anything about the foosball
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Post by Bumstead » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:13 am

recte44 wrote:My 2016 Green Bay Packers Roster Projections

vs IND: W (home field advantage should give us the edge)

Record: 14-2
It should but it won't... :pickles:

On a more serious note, 14-2...I would be surprised despite the weak schedule. You do have the Bears twice though. I imagine Davante Adams role is tied to the health of the other WR's but I'm interested in what a real "fan" thinks of him.

Dug

recte44

Post by recte44 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:02 am

Not sold on him yet. He shows flashes but he's not consistent.

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:16 pm

14-2... wow. I hope you are right.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

JohnC
Ex-GM

Post by JohnC » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:01 am

Wow..that is a weak schedule for the Pack this year. Just got even weaker with Teddy B's injury in Minnesota.
Montreal Blazers 2002 - present
Atlantic Div Champs '02,'05,'06,'11,'12,'13,'14,'19,'21,'27,'30'33
Wild Card '04,'10,'20,'28,'29,'31,'32,'34

John Callahan
GM: Montreal Blazers
Email: doghares@hotmail.com

recte44

Post by recte44 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:08 pm

Yup. I might go 15-1 now.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk