2043 PPT Report

Home to the Brewster's Participation Points and Rewards System!
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

2043 PPT Report

Post by RonCo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:14 pm

As noted in other posts, our “participation” went down in 2043. Of course, that’s without considering that 2042 was such a weird, Covid-born year. Bottom line, 2043 really comes in pretty much in line with where we were going before…and, in fact, there were some pretty good bits of news.

First, though, here are a few overall announcements:
  • All BBA GMs hit their TN counts!
  • TWC was down overall points. They are provided a waiver for this year (*)
(*) I am aware of issues that hampered Scott’s participation this season, and—beyond that—I note that I pointed to Scott what he needed to do to get in “good standing,” and he did those things. Unfortunately I did not actually tell him everything I should have, so part of his missing the goal is on me.

Now onto a bit of BBA PPT Esoterica…

EXPORT Rate

The BBA exported at a 95% success rate. This was down from 96% last year, but screw it. It was 94% the year before that and 93% four years ago. So, yeah, we rocked it when it came to actually managing our teams.

UMEBA numbers fell to 65%, but that's a bit of fake news. My accounting is poor for guys who bump to the BBA, and then the last export or two saw some pretty ugly numbers as contraction news circulated. I'd eyeball the "true" export rate for the UMEBA at about 75-80%, just a little down from last year's 83%.

Three Make the 200 Club

We had three GMs crest the 200 point level this year: me, Nigel (for the third time), and Justin Niles (for the second time)!
  • Al Hoot (2002)
  • Ed Murphy (2012, 2013, 2022)
  • Aaron Weiner (2019, 2020, 2021)
  • Ron Collins (2027, 2031-2043)
  • Joe Lederer (2039, 2042)
  • Vic Caleca (2040, 2041, 2042)
  • Nigel Laverick (2041-2043)
  • Justin Niles (2042-2043)
  • Neill Thomas (2042)
  • Chris Wilson (2042)
  • Mike Simon (2042)
I should note that Herb DeSpain in the UMEBA finished with 170 PPT.

Turnover

We had a pretty high turnover rate this season, which is most likely a cause of the UMEBA contraction process that is going on as I type this report. Alan Ehlers and Lee Honigsfeld left due to pressures at work. Dillon left after being promoted into the BBA, and then at the end of the season, Jeffrey also left due to pressures at work. Both Brett Schroder and Mike Bieschke requested UMEBA teams for fear they could not keep up with BBA participation requirements, which again pulled UMEBA GMs up.

I am aware of another few GMs who were severely limited by outside pressures, including, if I’m honest, me.

Due to several issues, which I’ll just call administrative, we also lost UMEBA GMs like Neil Thomas (who has now returned!), John Diaz, and Chuck August. Adam Dyck, Jason Russell, Kevin Norris, and Jackson Schilling, joined and then left. Jouve Crawford brought his friend Harpreet Harrideo into the league, but both kind of ghosted their teams, and apparently didn’t respond to requests for interest.

Bottom line: if you think this was a tumultuous seasons, you’re right.

Much of this is, I think, covid related, but we do need to note that it’s unusual. I think it says a lot about out gang that we’ve done so well during this, as they say, very difficult time. The group of GMs we have in the fold continue to seem really strong.

Let’s Look at Some Charts, Shall We?:

Of course I track this shit, because, what else am I supposed to do when I’m avoiding my writing, right?

Overall PPT

2043-PPT-TM.PNG
2043-PPT-TM.PNG (14.05 KiB) Viewed 693 times

At 81.5 PPT/Team, 2043 was the third highest PPT season in the history of the league on a per capita basis, behind 2042’s colossal 127.7 and 2035’s 95.6. Seriously, this was a huge year—and it came in a season that saw podcasting fade quite a bit. I want to focus on this chart for a moment because if you were to trend line the past decade or so, you'd get a really strong curve. This is important to me, because that's not the work of one person going overboard for a little while. In fact, as my own numbers have fallen a little in the past few seasons (not counting 2042), the league has seen per capita growth.

That's a really good sign.

Team News

2043-TN-TM.PNG
2043-TN-TM.PNG (14.76 KiB) Viewed 693 times

Here we can see why PPT were strong this year—it’s in the Team News, which, again discounting 2042, has continued to see a really strong growth.

While we did (as usual) have a few teams rushing to hit the Landis deadline to get into Good Standing, the bottom line is that 2043 produced 2,609 Team News posts. Yes, this is dwarfed by last season’s 4,087, but if last year had not happened, we’d be patting ourselves on the back for what was nearly a record season. I should note, too, that this season included some outstanding work, too.

And this isn’t counting the UMEBA—which had some interesting numbers—specifically, again, Herb’s.

2043-POSTS-TM.PNG
2043-POSTS-TM.PNG (17.26 KiB) Viewed 693 times

The Forum does continue to see lesser participation. Some of this can still probably be attributed to Slack, which has (IMH) taken over the Forum as the place to talk about actual sim activity (sim posts seem down in participation, but real time conversation is pretty high). This probably makes sense.

Still, realize that this season saw just over 5,000 posts on the forum, which is still well over historical average. Can we do better? Sure we can. And I intend to work on that a bit going forward. But the counter here is that I honestly don’t know many other online worlds that can boast 5,000 posts in a three months season. I think it says something for us that in a season where some have outwardly vocalized a sense of general malaise around the forum, we're doing these kinds of numbers.

Enjoy, friends.

Life is too short to be grumpy all day, right?

UMEBA

I've got UMEBA numbers, too. And they, too, are pretty good. I already noted the exports. In raw count, the UMEBA saw its second best PPT count, and its third-best forum post count. TN were way down. I'm not really posting them here, though, because I really don't trust that they tell a story about the UMEBA. This was a league that entered the season looking really hot, and then through both basic attrition and BBA raids, lost a lot of steam.

The numbers being all over the board reflect that.

We'll see what happens in 2044.

OVERALL COMMENTS

Congrats to Louisville for a huge Landis victory. Congrats to San Antonio and Charm City and Hawaii for clawing into the post season for the first time in a while.

Congrats to everyone who made it through a tough year at home.

Congrats to the Atlantic Division for sending four teams to the post season.

And good luck to everyone as we head into what could be a particularly interesting off-season.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

sjshaw
Ex-GM

Re: 2043 PPT Report

Post by sjshaw » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:42 pm

Thanks for your hard work on this!
GM, Louisville Sluggers, end of 2038 - current

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:52 pm

Wouldn't be complete without charts!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Well done for this Ron, despite my harassment, I'm publically sorry for that. And without a negative bone in my body I thought Joshua was fantastic in managing to churn out 11 good quality TN's on deadline day I would have been proud to have done those myself.

Once again I'm sorry for any discomfort I caused, I will honestly try not to be negative again
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:45 pm

I join everyone else in thanking you for your work on this - and everything else Brewster-related. It would be easy to take all of your reports, studies, features, team news items, podcasts, et al, for granted, but that would be a huge mistake. All those extras you bring to the table help make the Brewster a unique experience.

Now, if you'd just tell your damn team to go a little easier on the Sox next season, my fake baseball life would be just that much better ...

HerbD
Ex-GM

Post by HerbD » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Thanks Ron
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Post by lordtoffee » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:42 pm

Thanks Ron, and congrats to Steven on winning the Landis.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:19 pm

Thanks again Ron!

gcsii99
Ex-GM

Post by gcsii99 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Good stuff here...thanks

HerbD
Ex-GM

Post by HerbD » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:34 pm

Thanks for the work on this Ron
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Participation Points and Rewards”