PPT TRACKER GUIDEBOOK

Home to the Brewster's Participation Points and Rewards System!
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

PPT TRACKER GUIDEBOOK

Post by RonCo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:13 pm

Herein find information about how to read the Participation Point Tracker. This document is relevant to the tracker configured as of use in the 2039 season. I will also attempt to link this in the tracker itself.

Ultimately, the tracker is split into two sections. The first displays overall status of your account (like a checkbook statement), the second is a messier tracking of your activity itself (call it the bank statement?).

PPT ACCOUNT REGISTER:

The first section (columns A through column L are your overall register which tracks your account at a high level. I t consists of:
  • Column D-F: OFF SEASON BALANCES - Your starting place (end of last year’s Landis), how many point you have spent in the off-season, and what your balance is going into next year.
  • Column G-H: BAILOUT TRACKER - Records what year the bailout occurred, and how many points the team still owes for that bailout.
  • Column I-J: EARNED PPT - PPT you’ve earned since the season started, and your overall balance (available at the end of the next season. This is a calculated field based on information in your activity register (detailed later), and represents how many points you have earned in this current season, but are not yet eligible to spend until later.
  • Column K-N: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – This reminds GMS that they need 6 TN and 20 total earned points (2 and 10 for the UMEBA), as well as 25 forum posts. Each cell turns green when a requirement has been met.
A new sheet/tab is created at the beginning of each off-season, with your starting total (column D) updated to the total points available (last year’s column J), and the “spent” total (column E) will be set to zero. Similarly, all points earned will be reset to zero in anticipation of the coming season.

ACTIVITY REGISTER:

The bulk of the sheet records your activity during any season. Points begin to accrue for the next season as soon as the Landis is over. This means that participation you make during the off-season are not available to you until next off-season. Bottom line: once the Landis is over, your acquisition for that off-season is over. Everything else carries over into following years.

The activity tracker is split into several sections, each colored differently for “ease” of reading.

Total points earned in a season (column I) are counted by multiplying values in column N+ by their respective point values in row 2. (Example: Note the “2” in cell S2, representing a Team News is worth two points).

The sections are:
  • Exports – Every team received .25 points per export they make. The value in this cell is the number of exports each team has made (tracked against StatsPlus). I credit an “Excused” absence as a actual export, though this is a more manual thing and is exposed to error.
  • Team News – Remember, even a boring Team News is worth 2 points! This is tracked by counting the total threads in your team topic at the start of the year (column Q) vs. how many there are at the time of counting (column R). Column S is your final count, and is used to determine if league mins have been met.
  • Forum Previews – Columns T – W track the number of previews of each type a team has created. Points are assessed at the rate listed in row two.
  • Forum Writing – Columns X – AB track forum writing each team does over the season. Col X = Player Spotlights, Col Y = Reoccurring Features (like DM’s shutouts this year), Column Z = League Features, Column AB = Trade Analysis. Column AA was used for our 7 for 70 special event. I should probably remove that column now.
  • Forum Posting – Columns AC – AK are used to report forum posting. Similar to TN tracking, it seeds the season with the number of posts each GM started the year with (Columns AC), then is updated when I enter the number of posts each GM has at the time of counting (I get this off the Forum “members” report, sorted by last visit). Column AE is a calculated field that tallies your total number of posts. Columns AF-AK are also calculated, and are used to properly assess points to your activity. If you have 50-99 posts, column AG will register a “1”. Alternately, if you have 100-149 posts, column AH will then register a “1” and then column AG will be removed. And so on.
  • Polling – Columns AL and AM represent how many polls each team has started, separated by response rates.
  • Team History Tracker – A team receives 10 points for creating a Hall of Fame (column AN) and four for creating a Retired Number Wing (column AO). If an X is in either of these columns, those institutions already exist, so the team is no longer eligible for this reward. Columns AP and AQ are used to track players who have been inducted into team Hall of Fames, or had heir numbers retired.
  • Other – This is a bit of a fluid section. Column AR represents participation in a podcast, and AS represents creation of a custom ammy player (done in a thread when Matt asks for them). Columns AT and AU are for special projects and bonus points. These rewards are used to compensate unusual or unique efforts, or for the governing board to award GMs for doing something they feel is deserving of awards not covered in the constitution. The values of these awards are determined at the time of the presentation.
  • Media Guide – Columns AV-BA represent points earned for participation in the annual Media Guide. Column AV represents points for volunteering to configure and publish the guide. League, division, and team previews are listed in column AW-AY. Basic articles are in column AZ, and any special investigations or features are collected in column BA.
  • Penalties – Penalties of two points are assessed for missing votes for All-Star games (column BB), Awards (column BC), and Hall of Fame (column BD).
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: PPT TRACKER GUIDEBOOK

Post by RonCo » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Bumped because I finally updated this after modifications for the new participation level mods in the constitution.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Participation Points and Rewards”