Bonus Cash Info & Link

Home to the Brewster's Participation Points and Rewards System!
aaronweiner
BBA GM

Bonus Cash Info & Link

Post by aaronweiner » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:54 am

Here's how bonus cash works:

LINK TO TRACKER <<**Now has Stadium Dues as well**

Bonus cash is a "bank account" that stores all cash in-game above $20 million at the end of the season. At the end of the season, all cash above $20 million, including that from trades and team profits, is transferred to the bonus cash account. Bonus cash has a maximum of $40 million and can only be involved in transactions during the offseason.

Here's a flowchart for bonus cash:

1) The season ends. I get bonus cash above $20 million from profits or excess cash in game. It is transferred into my bonus funds.

2) Whatever my total bonus funds is at that point, if it is over $40 million, it reverts immediately back to $40 million. If there is a total below $40 million, no adjustment is made.

3) Stadium fees are simultaneously deducted from bonus funds as soon as excess is added. Only if I have no stadium fees may I have $40 million in bonus funds at the end of this process.

4) My current bonus funds to start the offseason are equal to the amount of bonus funds I have minus the amount of stadium fees.

5) At this point PPT may be used to purchase additional bonus funds if one desires, which can bring a team back up to $40 million in bonus funds but not above.

6) If in the case that I have negative bonus funds, I stay in that status unless either funds are purchased with PPT or, at the end of the offseason, in-game funds (regardless of whether there is cash in game or not) are transferred to my bonus funds. If I do not have enough cash to cover my bonus funds my in-game cash will be negative at the end of this process.

FAQ:

Teams may only do transactions involving bonus cash during the offseason?

Bonus cash may only be transferred or used for transactions during the offseason, including trades. No in-season trade may involve bonus cash and it may not be transferred in or out during midseason.

Teams may only have a maximum of $40 million in bonus at any time at all?

This means that if at any moment bonus cash goes over $40 million, it immediately reverts back to $40 million. So if I had $35 million in bonus funds and traded for or purchased $10 million of bonus funds, I would still only have $40 million in bonus funds.

I can buy things using bonus funds?

Yes, things like stadium upgrades, new stadiums, relocation, and purchasing players in trade may be done with bonus funds.

How are bonus funds transferred?

I can transfer bonus funds in-game if I have less than $20 million in-game funds by requesting to do so on the bonus funds page (page will change address each season).

The transaction will take place during the next sim.

What happens if I have $38 million in bonus funds and earn $25 million in excess cash in game?

Your bonus funds will go to $40 million, and then deduct stadium fees. Bonus funds may never be more than $40 million and may not be used until the offseason.

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: Bonus Cash Quick Primer

Post by Lane » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:30 pm

Updated for beginning of 2057-2058 off season.

Check tab names at bottom to make sure you're in the right year (also accessibly color coded!)

As always, if you have any questions please reach out to me here on the forum or on discord.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Participation Points and Rewards”