UMEBA Roster Moves, Manama

Need the Commissioner to take care of something? Post here.
Ted
Ex-GM

UMEBA Roster Moves, Manama

Post by Ted » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:16 am

Recte, I have signed a bunch of players during the playoffs, but the game is forcing me to leave them in DFA and they are going to run out of time before I can do anything. Any time I try to move a player, the game says "roster moves are not allowed during a playoff series".

There are guys on minor league deals that I can't move to AAA from DFA. I can't add players to the 40 man. I get not being able to put them on the active roster, but I can't do anything. Please advise. I have 10+ players like this. Most of them have either cleared waivers or are on minor league deals.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: UMEBA Roster Moves, Manama

Post by Ted » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:03 pm

So this wasn't entirely correct, I was really tired when I made my roster moves. It turns out that the guys I actually care about are already on the 40 man, but somehow I missed putting them on the active roster before the playoffs.

However, this does expose a potential problem. The lack of the UMEBA using a playoff roster means the 40 man is locked during the playoffs. And you can't do anything with players on the 40 man. So if you waive a guy and DFA him prior to the playoffs, with the intention of putting him in AAA, you then can't make the move to AAA once he clears waivers.

Similarly, if you sign a guy to a big league deal during the playoffs, you can't get him out of DFA, because there's nowhere to put him. (Again because the 40 man and active roster are locked due to the lack of a playoff roster.)

Let's look at a few examples.

2B David Perulho, just signed to a big league deal, in DFA. Not on 40 man. Not on any roster. 14 days left in DFA. I can't do anything with him. Any move to any roster tells me "roster moves are not allowed during a playoff series".

C Waynon Taylor, waived and DFA'd prior to the playoffs. Now has cleared waivers and is no longer on the 40 man. I can't move him out of DFA to a AAA team. 4 days left.

LF Juan Trevino, signed to a minor league deal prior to the playoffs. Looks like I put him on the 40 man, but forgot to put him on the active roster prior to the playoffs starting (I made a LOT of adjustments). Now he has 6 days left. I can't put him on the AAA team despite him being on a minor league deal, again because "roster moves are not allowed during the playoffs". I really like to not lose Juan Trevino.

I believe the lack of playoff rosters is why this is happening. Regardless, this is pretty problematic from an organizational standpoint.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Ping: Commish”