Rockville Trade Block: Deadline Chips

Looking to deal a player? Searching for the missing link to your dynasty? Post here.
JimSlade
BBA GM

Rockville Trade Block: Deadline Chips

Post by JimSlade » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:45 pm

Rockville is headed for another sub-.500 season. We can afford to keep losing, so this is not a fire sale. Following are some deadline chips that may help your contending team get a leg up for the stretch drive. Of course, if your team is in a similar state as mine has been and you think that one key veteran may help your young roster find its center, by all means reach out.

Pitching
  • SP Nathaniel Davis: Veteran lefty on an expiring deal.
    RP Sergio Tormes: The perfect rubber-armed, trash-time "biscuit" to sop up a sloppy start.
    RP Ernesto Viera: I doubt anyone is more desperate for a lefthanded reliever than I am, so let me use Ernesto like a park bench ad seeking a lefthanded reliever.
    RP Mike Adams: Wrapping up a rehab stint, this former #1 shows just enough that his pedigree may carry over into the back end of a contender's bullpen.
Position Players
  • C Garm Guldenmond: This guy has developed into a professional, everyday catcher. Let's get him in the postseason.
    1B Numan Abu al Khayr: Helloooo, Numan! This perennial last cut of spring training is actually off and running with the line-driving hitting skills he's shown at each level of minor league ball.
    3B Brian Dixon: Captain and solid hitter on manageable, expiring contract who is due one more run for postseason glory.
    CF Joshua Zorn: See Ernesto Viera as park bench ad...
    OF Stewart Illingworth: I thought this veteran addition on a 1-year deal would be just the piece we needed to scratch our way back to .500. Stew's been excellent, but even his nails aren't long and sturdy enough to get us back to .500.
    OF Julio Barajas: Maybe you jumped ahead to see if our blue chip was being placed on the market. He is. It kills me to make Julio available, but reach out if you want to blow me away.
BBA GM, Rockville Pikemen
Former UMEBA GM, Mumbai Metro Stars
SDMB GM, Toronto Beavers

Return to “Trade Block”