Boise Block: All-Star Breaking Bread

Looking to deal a player? Searching for the missing link to your dynasty? Post here.
jleddy
Ex-GM

Boise Block: All-Star Breaking Bread

Post by jleddy » Wed May 17, 2023 11:57 pm

Don't get too excited, just trying to move some chess pieces around the board (this is an online chess forum, right?)...

Crown Jewel
SP Gavrilovich Mastinsky
Pitchers in their 20s with 65 potential making a hair over $10M per year don't hit the trade market often. Mastinsky is under contract thru the 2056 season and currently extension talks are currently valued at 6x$10.8M.
2055 stats (as of 8/25): 13-6, 4.67 ERA, 1.31 WHIP (projected 3.0 WAR)

Discount Pile
2055 All-Star 3B/1B Gary Allen
Two years removed from his Puckett Award-winning season (6.3 WAR), the corner infielder has four years left on his extension, including a "mutual" option in 2057 (both team and Allen can opt out after '56). The new front office is looking to move on from the Gary Allen Era and is willing to retain some percentage of his deal to make it happen. Mustache rides are included.
2055 stats (as of 8/25): .314/.357/.505 (projected 3.5 WAR)

Pending FA Section
SP Elvin Hilliard
30-year-old walking into free agency having a fine season. Extension talks are currently 6x$8.5M.
2055 stats (as of 8/25): 12-8, 3.35 ERA, 1.18 WHIP (projected 2.6 WAR)

OF Pete Davis
This dynamic speedster (has led the league in SB two years in a row, as well as a league-leading 80 walks last season) and outstanding defender in all three OF spots has one thing going against him: he's a product of Sacramento. Thank goodness we no longer are on Slack as there would be some disparaging comments in the archives that I made about Davis and his pal Bunty McBunterson when they were just wee draftees by Shoeless. Once a Mad Pope, always a Mad Pope. I'd like to move him sooner than later because it'll take weeks for his smell to leave the locker room after we deep clean it before spring training. Don't make the mistake I did: only play him against LHP where he has decent contact and strong on-base skills (.264/.368/.311).
2055 stats (as of 8/25): .213/.313/.257, 35 SB (projected -0.5 WAR)

Swiss Army Knives Creegan Corney and Bob Williams
Corney and Williams can almost literally play all over the field, save for on the mound or behind the plate. Corney is best suited in the corner outfield spots or 2B, but he can fill in at a game or two in center field or shortstop in a pinch. Williams is a natural infielder, including better than average at SS, but can handle all three outfield spots as well. These guys can really give your roster some flexibility to made room for an extra reliever or platoon partner in your lineup. If you're looking for some speed, doubles power and solid against RHP, Corney is your guy. If you want some pop and impressive speed from an up-the-middle infielder, Bobby is your best bet.
2055 stats (as of 8/25): Corney: .271/.351/.448 (projected 1.7 WAR); Williams: .220/.264/.422 (projected 0.5 WAR)

TEAM NEEDS
BBA
Power at 2B and/or C

Minors
C (all levels)
3B (all levels)
2B (AA and under)
RF (AA and under)
RP studs 22 or younger (all levels)

As with all Boise trade blocks go, just because a player isn't listed doesn't mean he's not available. Feel free to inquire about anyone that tickles your fancy (or other part of your body), just know I don't trade just to trade...there's always some intention behind my moves. We're open to taking anything back from a superstar to Double-AA filler, one-for-one or a massive eight player deal, it don't matter...don't let ratings or contracts get in the way of trying to swing a deal, big or small.
Last edited by jleddy on Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: Boise Block: All-Star Breaking Bread

Post by jleddy » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:08 pm

Updated heading into 2055 All-Star Break
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: Boise Block: All-Star Breaking Bread

Post by jleddy » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:29 pm

2055 deadline bump