2045 Louisville Block

Looking to deal a player? Searching for the missing link to your dynasty? Post here.
sjshaw
Ex-GM

2045 Louisville Block

Post by sjshaw » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Consider this your "break glass in case FA gets expensive" block for the moment.

Motivated to move

None at present.

Not attached to them, so sure, let's deal

RP Andresa Pires: Put up 2.5 WAR as a stopper 2 seasons ago and has put up similar numbers the last 2 years in a lesser role. Under team control for 2 seasons. Reliable and available for a reasonable price, given the glut of RP on the market.

NEWLY ADDED

SP Juan García: Juan can toss the rock. Heave the potato. Zip a frozen rope. In other words, he throws hard. He can throw hard for you too. LHSP with no split, perfect for a cavernous ballpark. Durable, cheap contract, under team control forever, yadda yadda.

1B Edgardo Díaz: Resident rock masher Edgardo had a down 2044 like everyone else in LOU not named Bourges, but in 2043 he showed what he can do. And LHSP especially don't like it. Under control cheaply this season and next.

NEWLY ADDED

I'm listening

SS Juan 'Juanny Baseball' Medrano: Broke out last year with his first All-Star appearance. Gaudy BLUE ratings everywhere even before the ratingspocolypse. Under team control for 2 seasons. Given his age (only 23) and the dearth of quality SS in the league, he will command a premium return, but... I'm listening.

SP Stan Palácios: The hero of the 2043 championship and one of the most consistent SP in the league. EXTREME groundballs, people. Team control for... yep, 2 seasons. Pristine injury sheet. I love the guy, but maybe you can love him too. I'm listening.

SP Armando 'Commie Child' Feliciano: Yes, he's fragile. But let me insert a data point into the conversation: 32, 29, 32. Those are his # of starts the last 3 seasons. Not so bad now, huh? How about another data point? 3.8. That's his WAR last year, a down year for him (and for our entire team). The previous two seasons? 3.5 and 4.9 WAR, respectively. How about that team control? Yep, 2 years. Age? 24. His ceiling is still sky-high, and as the previous numbers demonstrate, even being fragile, he's given me outstanding performance for 3 seasons. He could easily be the best SP on a championship team (and would have been, if not for Browning), costing less than a comparable guy in FA. I have no need to deal him. But I'm listening.
Last edited by sjshaw on Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 13 times in total.
GM, Louisville Sluggers, end of 2038 - current

sjshaw
Ex-GM

Re: 2045 Louisville Block

Post by sjshaw » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:09 pm

Oh and Commie Child's FIP last season was 3.66. Season before? 3.41.

sjshaw
Ex-GM

Post by sjshaw » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:28 pm

Knud gone. Ready to rock on the others once the FA bubble bursts.

NEWLY ADDED: Juan Garcia and Edgardo Diaz (see above)

sjshaw
Ex-GM

Post by sjshaw » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:31 pm

Still open to Commie Child talks

sjshaw
Ex-GM

Post by sjshaw » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:07 pm

Pires gone.