New Orleans Off-SEason Block

Looking to deal a player? Searching for the missing link to your dynasty? Post here.
JimBob2232
BBA GM

New Orleans Off-SEason Block

Post by JimBob2232 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Okay Guys...looking to make a few moves this off-season. I need a SP, possibly a 2B/SS, and of course the always-coveted minor league prospects.

Here are the guys I want to move:
OF Chris Terry - Okay, ive been trying to move this guy for forever, and havent got a decent offer to show for it. Ya'll are scared by his defense, yet he hasnt had more than 6 errors in a SEASON since 1998. In the meantime, all he did last year was hit .340 with 26 Home Runs and a VORP of over 44! He IS in the last year of his contract, but clearly SOMEONE can use him!

OF Tony Cuellar- I hate to move this guy, but my OF is Jammed and its not fair to Tony. He has been up and down for 4 years now, but should be able to be a .300 hitter with 10-15 home runs given a chance.

OF Ressurection Santos - A BIG acquisition a couple years ago, and has been disappointing. I'm indifferent on trading him, as I would like to unload his big contract, but I would like to have his production in my lineup. Given the backlog of OF i have, i figure it doesnt hurt to put him up on the block.

SP Adam Weisberger- I had high hopes for this guy. He was tearing it up for California when I acquired him in 1999. But Dispite the fact that his ratings havent changed much, he has struggled mightily in New Orleans. If you can bring him back to respectability, his contract is VERY manageable as he is signed at just $1.3M per year through 2006.

C Champ Kind- Still a young 33, "The Champ" is having a potentially hall of fame career in New Orleans. Last year he hit .252 with 23 Home Runs. Good Production for a Catcher. If he can get 5 more seasons of similar productivity, He may finish his career with over 400 home runs! I'd like to keep him, but he may slide to my bench next year, and that is not fair to this future HOF candidate.

1B Earnest Valentine -Good Defense. Good Average. 27 Years Old. Whats not to Like? (Besides thinking about a romantic date with Earnest P. Worrell every time you see his name). Crap. Guess im not moving him now.

2B Will Curtis- Another guy who just needs a chance. He is a risk. He is late in his development and his ratings havent caught up with his potential. Played pretty good in AAA next year, and im sure someone could take a flyer on him and maybe he can develop.

CF Bill Bonilla- If you start salivating at the thought of a good Defensive OF, Bonillia is your guy. I'd like to see a little better rating at the plate, but his numbers in AAA are pretty darn good. He Dan probably be a solid every day starter, but at the minimum he is a supurb late defensive substitution for your squad.

JimBob2232
BBA GM

Re: New Orleans Off-SEason Block

Post by JimBob2232 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:05 pm

I am on-line and ready to talk trades...hit me up on AIM at JimRob2232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Trade Block”