Boise Spuds Trade Block

Looking to deal a player? Searching for the missing link to your dynasty? Post here.
jleddy
Ex-GM

Boise Spuds Trade Block

Post by jleddy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:28 pm

as of July 6, 2039

While I'd love to be able to make a run at a wild card spot, I'd be a fool to not try to generally improve my team this time of year, either as a buyer or seller.

BLOCK
  • Jim Des Jardien - 22 y.o. RF; on minor league deal; 6/6/8/6/5 (50 overall); made AAA All-Star team thanks to .310/.373/.617 season; could potentially break with the big club next season but currently blocked by corner-outfielder logjam in Boise; high Leader and low Greed characteristics
  • Pedro Díaz - 24 y.o. LF; making minimum, arbitration eligible; 4/3/8/6/4 (45 overall); less-than-spectacular season (.225/.297/.451) but still positive WAR; could be cheap source of righty power (hitting .294/.351/.647 versus LHP this season) in a platoon role or as pinch-hitter; took me half the season to realize I should put him in a platoon with Satino starting next sim
  • Maxence Mace - 32 y.o. RHP; makes $4.5M in '39, $5M in '40; 5/8/7 (9 FB, 4 CH, 4/8 KCV), 8 STAM (50 overall); having an off-year at 5-7 and 5.12 ERA, however BABIP is at a five-year high so maybe some positive regression coming; Iron Man injury proneness (has not missed a start in over four seasons); if your rotation is ravaged with injuries or have a blackhole in your rotation, you could do worse than Mace; high Work Ethic characteristic
  • Carlos Muñóz - 23 (soon to be 24) y.o. 1B; making minimum, arbitration eligible; 7/7/7/7/6 (55 overall); having down-year (.240/.308/.427) after '38 semi-breakout (.302/.368/.515); been playing him mostly at DH due to Terada being far superior defensively; Fragile injury proneness but has not missed any time this season (71 GS, 77 GP); probably needs a change of scenery to get career back on track; high Leader characteristic
  • Pedro Nava - just turned 28 y.o. 3B; making $925,000 on expiring contract; 5/5/6/5/6 (45 overall); not the most exciting player but it seems that 3B is one of the thinner positions around the league and he's having his best power output in five seasons (.265/.303/.542); I've juggled him in and out of the lineup so his counting stats are deceiving; can play 1B/2B and even has the arm and range to fill-in at SS in a dire emergency; a creative GM could probably squeeze something out of him during the stretch run; great make-up (one of our team captains, high Leader, Loyalty and Worth Ethic characteristics) plus low Greed if you want to extend him beyond 2039
  • Adam Parrish - 33 y.o. corner OF; on minor league deal; 5/6/5/7/5 (45 overall); put up 1.6 WAR for Charm City in '38 but has spent entire season in AAA (.308/.399/.536); deserves to be in the BBA but I just don't have the room at the moment
  • Joaquín Torres - 27 y.o. SS; making minimum, arbitration eligible; 4/5/4/6/5 (40 overall); reigning Diamond Glove winner at SS (10 rating with 10 Range, 11 Error, 10 Arm, 7 Turn DP), but is also elite at 2B (11) and 3B (10); despite a gaping hole at offense (.177/.228/.314 with 4 SB) in part-time role, he has positive WAR thanks to his plus-plus defense; if you are in need of a vaccum at 2B or SS, be it as a starter on a great offensive team or as a defensive replacement, could be a difference maker come playoffs
NEEDS
  • Cost-controlled 3B
  • Cost-controlled SP
  • Lefty/switch-hitting infielders
  • Cash
MISC.
  • Boise has over $20M in cap space in '39 and '40 to take your salary dumps through the next season, possibly beyond
If there's anyone else on the 27-man or in my minors that interests you, feel free to hit me up (DM, Slack, text, whatever!) and we can discuss. Thanks!
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Return to “Trade Block”