Crusaders Looking to Add 5.1 Million in Salary

Looking to deal a player? Searching for the missing link to your dynasty? Post here.
GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Re: Crusaders Looking to Add 5.1 Million in Salary

Post by GoldenOne » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:53 pm

niles08 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:12 pm

I would suggest finding new ways for bonus funds to be used If this isnt one of them.
Nashville would be more than acceptable of anyone that would like to donate them $5M+ a year until the new stadium costs are fully paid for..... :banghead:
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:09 pm

GoldenOne wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:53 pm
niles08 wrote:

I would suggest finding new ways for bonus funds to be used If this isnt one of them.
Nashville would be more than acceptable of anyone that would like to donate them $5M+ a year until the new stadium costs are fully paid for..... :banghead:
Actually, from the finances page in StatsPlus, it looks like Nashville is starting to make some real headway toward digging itself out of the mire this year. Another season and the club's foundation could be pretty solid. I know it's been a hella long slog, so wanted to acknowledge that.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Post by GoldenOne » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:22 pm

RonCo wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:09 pm
GoldenOne wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:53 pm
niles08 wrote:

Actually, from the finances page in StatsPlus, it looks like Nashville is starting to make some real headway toward digging itself out of the mire this year. Another season and the club's foundation could be pretty solid. I know it's been a hella long slog, so wanted to acknowledge that.
Thanks Ron. No matter what I have done though, I just cant seem to get that FI to hit 70+. Somehow I am currently 9th in attendance (before this sim has downloaded at least) and I cant necessarily say its due to winning, or signing/trading for popular guys, etc. I've managed to raise my budget quite a bit the last couple of seasons but its projected to drop again next season. Truly not fun when you budget is lower than the salary cap and there isnt a whole lot of cash or bonus funds to tap into either. Trying to find ways to get into that playoff revenue fraternity and see how much that might be able to help.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:56 pm

Playoff cash won't raise the budget, but it can help boost your bonus cash/stadium issue Ben left you with.

My guess is that you've increased FI/Budget because you've won enough over the past couple seasons to show you're respectable. In addition, you do have several pretty popular players on the roster. I'll drop you a PM on other thoughts you can ignore. :)
Roster

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:01 pm

recte44 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:48 pm
Are you guys seriously going to force me to make another rule change?

Great googly moogly.
Sorry Recte. I think I've made my point though. The reason this hasn't come up before is that everyone just understood it was a hard cap. Now, we know that it isn't. Again, I have no problem with Justin. I have a problem with what he is able to do. Is what he's doing a big deal? Maybe not. What about when it's five or six teams each season who say, "F it, I'll make this trade and get under the cap next sim." Or after that when it's so normal that a couple guys wait four to five sims. How many sims are too many? Is it six? Wow, then I could just buy a top free agent for the first month of the season, win an extra game, then buy him out.

I don't think I'm wrong when I say it as intended to be a hard cap. However you GB guys want to handle enforcing that is up to you.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:18 pm

Too bad, I have a left handed hitting 9/8/7 CF with an 1.110 OPS that would look great with the California state map on his left breast. :innocent:
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:22 pm

ae37jr wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:18 pm
Too bad, I have a left handed hitting 9/8/7 CF with an 1.110 OPS that would look great with the California state map on his left breast. :innocent:
Lol. So many lols. The troll. My stupid state map uniform. I would give a lot for a clever wit like yours, sir.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:28 pm

niles08 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:22 pm
Lane wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:16 pm
I thought there was language in the Constitution that said something about the Commish taking action if a team didn't get back under the cap after a certain number (1 or 2) of sims. Didn't see it when I checked today though.

TLDR: It's a hard cap.
Certainly isnt in there. Not asking for a rule change obviously. Just asking for clarification if it cant be done then why is there a rule saying that teams will be fined a certain amount from bonus funds...to me that immediately says it's not a hard cap and that the fine from bonus funds is a "luxury tax" type fine almost
RonCo wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:24 pm
The rule in which Matt will go make hard changes is on roster size--which makes sense because he needs to do that sometimes for Sim progression.
Not true x2.

"Contracts: It is the responsibility of GMs to police themselves regarding contracts acquired via trades. Teams that exceed the Salary Cap due to a trade will be notified of the violation and have one sim to adjust or the Commissioner will make a move that will get the team under the Salary Cap."

So if you go over the salary cap via trade, Matt gives you a sim or else he cuts good players from your roster to reduce your salaries to get you under the HARD cap.

Again I ask, why would we allow teams to go above the cap via FA/waivers with a slap on the wrist when we are so damn draconian if you do it via trade? Is there a rationale reason to have two different sets of rules here? The intent is clearly in the constitution and the fact that it doesn't explicitly apply it to all forms of cap circumvention is an oversight in the document - not an easter egg loophole.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:21 pm

Ok. Kyle is right here (and by definition, then, I am wrong). Many apologies.

I was reading the rules listed under salary cap. It feels like we should put this kind of salary cap rule under the salary cap section. I'll work with the rest of the board to develop any changes we think we need. Otherwise, please do accept my apology. And carry on.
Roster

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:50 pm

Ah, that's the language that I thought was in the salary cap section.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Trade Block”