Vancouver Post Season Block

Looking to deal a player? Searching for the missing link to your dynasty? Post here.
scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Vancouver Post Season Block

Post by scottsdale_joe » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:54 pm

I am shopping the following players.
I will trade only ONE of the TWO.
Mannerden is the most marketable and would require a true quality player in return.

I am very specific in what I want in return.
First choice by far is an equivalent outfielder. Same age range, same offensive ratings, and same salary range, all within reason. I’m not interested in old or overpaid players.
Second choice would be the same qualities in a catcher. This is a much lower priority as I can live with Cascio/Koester for another year while Casteneda develops, but an upgrade now wouldn’t hurt.
Whoever it is, he must be major league ready.

ALL STAR third baseman Nick Mannerden should be extremely valuable to someone. He's only 26 years old.He’s a hitting machine with decent enough power even playing in a pitcher’s park like Northwoods Outpost. His contact rating is 19/20. He hit .278 as a rookie in 1996 and then blossomed into a premier hitter in 1997 by posting a .340 mark with 14 homers and 83 RBIs. He returned to human status in 1998, still having an excellent year (.308, 19 homers, 80 RBIs). This year he was lights out in the first half with a batting average of .351, 13 homers and 45 knocked in. He was named to the All Star squad, and the next day went to the DL for the rest of the regular season (although he returned to play 3B in the second round of the playoffs and the Landis Series and contributed a lot to the Vancouver dominance in the post season). He plays very effectively at 3B and has a rifle for an arm. Since Gutierrez filled in for him at 3B for half a year and Sherman (see below) can come up from AAA, I feel comfortable in putting him on the block, but he won’t go cheap.

4.5 star potential AAA 3B Jason Sherman is ready to play in the majors at age 24. In fact, he was up for 24 games this past year as an injury backup and hit .278 in 36 games. He has good pop in his bat and plays effectively on defense at 2B and 3B. If Mannerden were to go, Sherman will stay and be a backup infielder for the Mounties.

Remember, outfielders are the primary interest and catchers the secondary.
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Re: Vancouver Post Season Block

Post by scottsdale_joe » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:00 pm

bump with edits :bump:
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

jumpmancol
Ex-GM

Re: Vancouver Post Season Block

Post by jumpmancol » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:38 am

Tweeted you...
Jon Robinson
AIM: jumpmancol - Twitter: jonootp

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Trade Block”