Charm City Jimmies Trade Block

Looking to deal a player? Searching for the missing link to your dynasty? Post here.
bcslouck
BBA GM

Re: Charm City Jimmies Trade Block

Post by bcslouck » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:31 am

bcslouck wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:59 am
On the block

10 years and only 1 playoff appearance after tearing things down, the rebuild has failed. Haven't been able to get the right mix of players I guess.

This mean, I'm pulling the plug and ANYONE not on a minimum salary is up for sale. Yes, that includes my beloved Wilson Andrade, who by OOTP numbers and some studies on these forums is by far the best SS in the BBA. It also includes some pretty good rotation arms. I'd also take back contracts that aren't so great, especially if they still are popular, for a price.

It's time to clear some roster space and give some of my close to ready guys a shot to see if they're worth keeping around.

Needs

*Impact prospects. I really need some big bats this time around but I always like the up the middle guys and SP's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:30 pm

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

10 years and only 1 playoff appearance after tearing things down, the rebuild has failed. Haven't been able to get the right mix of players I guess.

This mean, I'm pulling the plug and ANYONE not on a minimum salary is up for sale. Yes, that includes my beloved Wilson Andrade, who by OOTP numbers and some studies on these forums is by far the best SS in the BBA. It also includes some pretty good rotation arms. I'd also take back contracts that aren't so great, especially if they still are popular, for a price.

It's time to clear some roster space and give some of my close to ready guys a shot to see if they're worth keeping around.

SEND ME OFFERS PLEASE. YOU ALL KNOW WHAT IT'LL TAKE TO MOVE SOME OF THESE GUYS.

Needs

*Impact prospects. I really need some big bats this time around but I always like the up the middle guys and SP's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:38 pm

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

I'm still open to selling, but another positive sim or too will change that. I do have a buying needs list now so if you are selling, I'm open to that too.

Needs

If we sell

If we buy
*CF
-Defense first is fine but need someone who isn't a black hole in the lineup.

*RH Power
-Could use a big hitting 1B or DH. Someone with a decent and recent pedigree.

*LH Hitting of any kind
-Could use some guys that hit lefties well. Not just ratings wise but have an .800+ OPS against them. Position doesn't really matter.

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:27 am

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

Back to selling.. whatever you are thinking of offering, chances are you need to offer more.

Needs

If we sell

If we buy
*CF
-Defense first is fine but need someone who isn't a black hole in the lineup.

*RH Power
-Could use a big hitting 1B or DH. Someone with a decent and recent pedigree.

*LH Hitting of any kind
-Could use some guys that hit lefties well. Not just ratings wise but have an .800+ OPS against them. Position doesn't really matter.

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:59 am

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

I have some nice SP depth in the majors and upper minors that I'm interested in shopping.

Upper minors prospects just about ready for the bigs:

*Marcos Gonzáles
-He's ML ready. Been good at AAA and was better as a RP in his rookie campaign. Only reason he's in AAA is there's no room for him in the rotation and I ran out of option-able arms. But getting his innings in to be the next man up.

*Andrés Grummitt
-Peripherals were better than his overall numbers in AAA last year. Lefty that throws in the mid 90's and gets groundballs.

*Robin Johnson
-Another arm that has performed well up the ladder and had better peripherals in AAA.

*Albert Stone
-Should be in AAA but the logjam has him back in AA. But another guy who's just about developed that should be a solid SP in this league.

*Joe Jackson
-Solid arm that doesn't have as much upside but could be a nice #5 for someone.

*John Snyder
-Former first round pick with a nice arm who's ratings have held. Little behind the others in production but also drafted 2+ years after them so still learning. Another lefty who has some nice upside.

I won't trade all of the guys above just to keep some depth. But I'd trade 3-4 of them.

Major League SP

*Bronco Rojas
-Has proven to be a very valuable SP in this league. Very team friendly contract, making $8M this year and next year. Has an opt-out after that and chances are, he'll next you at least a Comp B pick if he decides to go to free agency. If not? Well, it's $8M/yr for 2 years unless you decline his option.

*Jim Wilkinson
-Really started to come into his own until a knee injury in Spring Training last year derailed his season. Had a good Spring and nice first start. Looking healthy and to get back on track. Locked up through next year.

*Mauro Ríos
-Gets overlooked in this rotation but is really good. Doesn't have the upside of some of the other guys, but he's going to eat up innings and not kill your team walking people. Arguably had a career year last season and locked up through next year.

*Maup Manshert
-Had a career year after a sophomore slump. Looks ready to take that next step and probably has the highest upside on this list. Signed for $3.5M nest year with another arby year after.

Same as the prospects, I'm not looking to trade all of these guys right now. Depending on who gets traded, I may trade 2.

Other odds and ends

*Wllibald Akbulut
-Looking to move him if I upgrade a position that moves him off 3B. He's the odd man out on an infield acquisition that isn't 1B. One of the top defensive 3B in the BBA and was better offensively last year. Still cheap as well.

*Wilson Andrade
-Still working on an extension, so this is more exploratory. Not gonna negotiate on him unless you send me an offer that's has potential.

Needs

*We've done a decent job identifying pitching prospects and getting them developed. But we need to get some bats in the system. So prospect wise, looking for big bats with premium positions prioritized. Though an exceptional COF or 1B will be considered.

*Could also use some offense on the ML team. CF is an obvious upgrade spot but I'd need someone who can field as well. 1B/DH will be considered, only if they are big bats with a track record of it. 3B is another spot that could use more offense, but I'd want to trade away Wllibald Akbulut in that scenario.

ANYONE NOT LISTED WAS EITHER DEEMED NOT WORTH LISTING OR WILL BE VERY EXPENSIVE SINCE I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF TRADING. IF YOU HAVE INTEREST IN SOMEONE NOT LISTED, MAKE AN OFFER.

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:25 am

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

I have some nice SP depth in the majors and upper minors that I'm interested in shopping.

*Andrés Grummitt
-Peripherals were better than his overall numbers in AAA last year. Lefty that throws in the mid 90's and gets groundballs.

*Albert Stone
-Should be in AAA but the logjam has him back in AA. But another guy who's just about developed that should be a solid SP in this league.

*Joe Jackson

*John Snyder
-Former first round pick with a nice arm who's ratings have held. Little behind the others in production but also drafted 2+ years after them so still learning. Another lefty who has some nice upside.

Major League SP

*Bronco Rojas
-Has proven to be a very valuable SP in this league. Very team friendly contract, making $8M this year and next year. Has an opt-out after that and chances are, he'll next you at least a Comp B pick if he decides to go to free agency. If not? Well, it's $8M/yr for 2 years unless you decline his option.

*Jim Wilkinson
-Really started to come into his own until a knee injury in Spring Training last year derailed his season. Had a good Spring and nice first start. Looking healthy and to get back on track. Locked up through next year.

*Mauro Ríos
-Gets overlooked in this rotation but is really good. Doesn't have the upside of some of the other guys, but he's going to eat up innings and not kill your team walking people. Arguably had a career year last season and locked up through next year.

*Maup Manshert
-Had a career year after a sophomore slump. Looks ready to take that next step and probably has the highest upside on this list. Signed for $3.5M next year with another arby year after.

Same as the prospects, I'm not looking to trade all of these guys right now. Though, at this time, these guys are going to be harder with me to part with. At least until the offseason.

Other odds and ends

*Wllibald Akbulut
-In a bit of a slump but is having a career year after winning a Zimmer last year. I'd expect he ends the year around a league average hitter with some more room to get better. Signed for under $1M next season. Looking to trade him in a trade for a 3B upgrade.

*Wilson Andrade
-Honestly, he wants a ridiculous amount of money that I can afford but don't think I want to pay. I'm probably better off keeping him and letting him walk at this point given our spot in the playoff race, but I'll still listen to offers on him.

Needs

*We've done a decent job identifying pitching prospects and getting them developed. But we need to get some bats in the system. So prospect wise, looking for big bats with premium positions prioritized. Though an exceptional COF or 1B will be considered.

*3B upgrade

*REALLY need a right handed lefty masher. Doesn't matter if it's an everyday player or short side platoon guy. We need help against LHP.

ANYONE NOT LISTED WAS EITHER DEEMED NOT WORTH LISTING OR WILL BE VERY EXPENSIVE SINCE I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF TRADING. IF YOU HAVE INTEREST IN SOMEONE NOT LISTED, MAKE AN OFFER.

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:28 am

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*Andrés Grummitt

*Albert Stone

*Joe Jackson

*John Snyder

Major League SP

*Bronco Rojas

*Jim Wilkinson

*Mauro Ríos

*Maup Manshert
-Had a career year after a sophomore slump. Looks ready to take that next step and probably has the highest upside on this list. Signed for $3.5M next year with another arby year after.

Same as the prospects, I'm not looking to trade all of these guys right now. Though, at this time, these guys are going to be harder with me to part with. At least until the offseason.

Other odds and ends

*Wllibald Akbulut
-In a bit of a slump but is having a career year after winning a Zimmer last year. I'd expect he ends the year around a league average hitter with some more room to get better. Signed for under $1M next season. Looking to trade him in a trade for a 3B upgrade.

*Jesús Valenzuela
-Guy has crushed the ball since I've claimed him off waivers. Has seen a POT/ACT bump as well. Why is he on the block? Well, he's pretty much a strong side platoon player. I need someone who can hit lefties as well. So like Akbulut, I'd like to move him in a COF upgrade.

*Wilson Andrade
-Honestly, he wants a ridiculous amount of money that I can afford but don't think I want to pay. I'm probably better off keeping him and letting him walk at this point given our spot in the playoff race, but I'll still listen to offers on him.

Needs

*3B upgrade

*REALLY need a right handed lefty masher. Doesn't matter if it's an everyday player or short side platoon guy. We need help against LHP.

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Fri May 07, 2021 9:27 am

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

Major League SP

*Bronco Rojas

*Jim Wilkinson

*Mauro Ríos

*Maup Manshert

*Andrés Grummitt

*Albert Stone

*Joe Jackson

*John Snyder

Other odds and ends

*Wllibald Akbulut

*Jesús Valenzuela
-Guy has crushed the ball since I've claimed him off waivers. Has seen a POT/ACT bump as well. Why is he on the block? Well, he's pretty much a strong side platoon player. I need someone who can hit lefties as well. So like Akbulut, I'd like to move him in a COF upgrade.

Needs

*3B upgrade

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Sun May 16, 2021 12:26 pm

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

Major League SP

*Bronco Rojas

*Mauro Ríos

*Maup Manshert

*Andrés Grummitt

*Albert Stone

*Joe Jackson

*John Snyder

Other odds and ends

*Wllibald Akbulut

*Jesús Valenzuela

Needs

*3B upgrade

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Mon May 17, 2021 6:30 am

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

Major League SP

*Bronco Rojas

*Mauro Ríos

*Andrés Grummitt

*Albert Stone

*Joe Jackson

*John Snyder

Other odds and ends

*Wllibald Akbulut

*Jesús Valenzuela

Needs

*3B upgrade

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Sun May 23, 2021 7:40 pm

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

Major League SP

*Bronco Rojas

*Mauro Ríos

*Andrés Grummitt

*Albert Stone

*Joe Jackson

*John Snyder

Other odds and ends

*Wllibald Akbulut

*Jesús Valenzuela

Needs

*3B upgrade

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Thu May 27, 2021 1:43 pm

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

Major League SP

*Bronco Rojas

*Mauro Ríos

*Andrés Grummitt

*Albert Stone

*Joe Jackson

*John Snyder

Other odds and ends

*Wllibald Akbulut

*Jesús Valenzuela

Needs

*3B upgrade

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:56 am

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

Major League SP

*Bronco Rojas
-Of course he's fallen off going into his opt-out. I doubt he does at this point. But, you get a double team option if you still think he has something left in the tank. At this point, I'd rather have him in a bigger trade as a means to make the salary work.

*Mauro Ríos
-Set to be a free agent. He's been solid in his career but really think he's a bad fit in my park. If you have a pitchers park and need a backend SP, it won't take too much to get him.

*Andrés Grummitt
-Peripherals were better than his overall numbers in AAA last year. Lefty that throws in the mid 90's and gets groundballs. Currently out for the year.

*Albert Stone

*Joe Jackson

*John Snyder

Other odds and ends

*Wllibald Akbulut
-Signed for $2.6M next year, his last year before free agency. Should be able to sign long(ish) term cheap or get a comp pick for him to let him walk. I just need offense and this is one of the obvious spots for it.

*Jesús Valenzuela
-Cheap power with team control left? This is your guy.

Needs

*OFFENSE!!!!!!

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:36 pm

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

Major League SP

*Quinton Lara
-Pure salary dump that I hate to even block at this point. Any lower teams with money and looking to add popularity, this could be a really good buy low guy. I'm open to ideas. Would also have to move him if I pursue any bigger deals.

*Andrés Grummitt
-Peripherals were better than his overall numbers in AAA last year. Lefty that throws in the mid 90's and gets groundballs. Currently out for the year.

*Albert Stone

*Joe Jackson

*John Snyder

Other odds and ends

*Wllibald Akbulut
-Signed for $2.6M next year, his last year before free agency. Should be able to sign long(ish) term cheap or get a comp pick for him to let him walk. I just need offense and this is one of the obvious spots for it.

Needs

*OFFENSE!!!!!!

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:48 pm

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

Nothing really on the block. But willing to move pieces to make an upgrade or two.

Needs

*Short side platoon C
*Preferably one that has the stats to back the ratings.

*Solid SS
-I don't need a stud. Just a good defensive one that'll OPS .700+.

*Good RP
-Someone who can handle late inning duties. Setup, closer.. doesn't matter.

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:50 pm

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

Nothing really on the block. But willing to move pieces to make an upgrade or two.

Needs

*Short side platoon C
*Preferably one that has the stats to back the ratings.

*Solid SS (or 2B)
-I don't need a stud. Just a good defensive one that'll OPS .700+. Preferably a SS but I can probably slide Espinosa over to SS if a better 2B is available.

*Good RP
-Someone who can handle late inning duties. Setup, closer.. doesn't matter.

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Post by aaronweiner » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:53 am

The Billy Mays meme here is kinda funny because I'm pretty sure you're not offering anything at all.

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:24 pm

aaronweiner wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:53 am
The Billy Mays meme here is kinda funny because I'm pretty sure you're not offering anything at all.
Well you see, the reader of this Billy Mays meme either has a team that is good enough that it doesn't need anything, is stuck in the middle so an acquisition either way doesn't make sense, or is so bad, why would you be buying from a block? And who doesn't love free shipping and handling?

The logic is quite flawless if you ask me.
Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:55 pm

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*Amayas Moelling
-Hasn't been able to put it together with us. Ratings have held up and is still solid. Not looking for anything overwhelming.

*Pepe Espinosa
-I'd like to lock him up but we can't seem to get there. If you need a rental middle IF, this is your guy. He's going to get me a Comp A pick so I'd be looking for at least that.

*Wllibald Akbulut
-Still a plus 3B but has been solid in LF as we shuffled the deck to try and improve the offense. Looks like he'll net me a Comp B with an outside shot at an A.

*Quinton Lara
-Has rebounded in a big way with a BABIP rebound more in line with his best years but not outrageous. A solid defender and will give you a nice bat behind the dish.

*Tommy Cochran
-.894 OPS since being signed in June, he's been solid against RHP (.791 OPS) but has mashed LHP (.935 OPS).

*Jarred Perkins
-Has been really good since being acquired. Really good arm to add to a bullpen in need.

*Mitsuo Tenno
-Has been solid over the years and another arm that would help most bullpens. Signed through next season.

Needs

*Looking for bats that aren't far from the majors. Preferably up the middle. Would consider SP prospects in the low minors.

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:03 pm

bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*Check my Rule 5 List.

Needs

*Looking for bats that aren't far from the majors. Preferably up the middle. Would consider SP prospects in the low minors.

Brandon Slouck
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Trade Block”