Last ride into the sunset

Post if you'll be away or miss an export
Patrick M
Ex-GM

Last ride into the sunset

Post by Patrick M » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:56 am

Regrettably, this will be my final season in the BBA.

I already informed Recte but thought I should let it be known to all. I have to step down at the end of the season. Life has made being an active member of the league a real challenge. I haven't had the time to write an article in weeks and it's probably been over a month since I read anyone else's. I probably could manage to force some half assed pieces to make the requirement, miss a few exports here or there, etc, but I don't really think that's fair to the spirit and true beauty of this league. It's really about world building here and with so many GM's ready and waiting, I think in effort of what is best for the league, I will be relinquishing GM duties once the season is over.

I wanted to thank everyone who makes this league special but a few special thanks to Recte, Ron, Lane, Niles and Dington.

BBA, be aware that you all have a really special commish in Recte. Everything he does for the league goes under appreciated. I also really respect his attitude towards complaints and handles all situation with the best interest of the BBA. Ron, everything you do for this league in writing, the analysis is so interesting, you are a special GM. Lane, Niles and Dington have always been there on a moments notice when I had questions getting started.

Whoever inherits the Kernels, I wish them well. In my two full seasons we have reached heights the franchise hasn't seen in about 50 years. My first full season we set the franchise record for games won in the regular season by +10! In my second season, we made it all the way to a game 7 walk-off lost in the Championship. The farm ranks third even after #11 SP Dave Lachance lost his prospect status. The minors are in a good place and the BBA team is in a really good place financially. Who knows what the rest of this season holds but I think we are in a good place to compete for a Wild Card and as we saw last season, anything is possible when the Kernel's make the dance. I will do my best to keep the franchise in a great place before the transition to new control.

Thanks everyone. Maybe someday when life slows down I can have the time needed to be a contributor to a special OOTP league such as this.
Des Moines Kernels … since July ‘54
Heartland Division Champions: 2055
Frick League Champions: 2056
General Manager of the year: 2055
Frick League Manager of the Year: 2055, 2056

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: Last ride into the sunset

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:02 pm

Sad to see this but understand. Don't be a stranger!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Post by Jwalk100 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:06 pm

This is one of those special leagues that you'll never forget. You will be a GM we will never forget. We'll all be waiting for your return, bud!
ImageImageImageImageImage

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:15 pm

Wishing you all the best until we see your return in a couple years.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

RT60
BBA GM

Post by RT60 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:07 pm

You definitely made the most of your time here! Hope to see you back one day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Manager Availability”