Why do you write Team News?

League-related polls only (use OT Forum for OT polls).

Why do you write Team News

Because I have to/It’s required
17%
To Earn PPs
21%
I enjoy it
35%
To preserve history
17%
To entertain people
2%
Boredom
No votes
Other (explain)
8%

Total votes: 48

FuzzyRawley
Ex-GM

Re: Why do you write Team News?

Post by FuzzyRawley » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:03 am

HoosierVic wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:46 pm
Here are a couple of points to explain my “other” response:

1. As Ron and others have said, writing about my teams - especially my minor league teams - helps my understand my system better. How prospects are doing, who’s improving, who’s declining, etc. I don’t expect anyone else to even glance at the minor league updates, but they’re invaluable for me.

2. The sense of immersion in the league. The TNs help give teams a personality, which brings the league alive beyond the W-L records and stats. And that’s really what I was looking for in an online league: the sense that it’s a living, breathing thing. To me, at least, that’s way more engaging than solo replays.

I didn't add this to my response, but bang on. When I'm looking for things to write about, it forces me to take a deeper look into my organization other than just looking at the line ups.
:cool: They say it don't be like it is, but it do!

johnd2442
Ex-GM

Post by johnd2442 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:10 am

FuzzyRawley wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:03 am
HoosierVic wrote:

1. As Ron and others have said, writing about my teams - especially my minor league teams - helps my understand my system better. How prospects are doing, who’s improving, who’s declining, etc. I don’t expect anyone else to even glance at the minor league updates, but they’re invaluable for me.

2. The sense of immersion in the league. The TNs help give teams a personality, which brings the league alive beyond the W-L records and stats. And that’s really what I was looking for in an online league: the sense that it’s a living, breathing thing. To me, at least, that’s way more engaging than solo replays.

I didn't add this to my response, but bang on. When I'm looking for things to write about, it forces me to take a deeper look into my organization other than just looking at the line ups.
I think I'm trying to find the balance of looking closely at my squad, to force me to take a deeper look like you're writing, but doing it in an entertaining way so others give a shit. I think that, for me, is the balance I'm trying to find.
Cairo Chariot Archers, 2042 -
General Manager: John Diaz

FuzzyRawley
Ex-GM

Post by FuzzyRawley » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:23 am

johnd2442 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:10 am
FuzzyRawley wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:03 am
HoosierVic wrote:

I think I'm trying to find the balance of looking closely at my squad, to force me to take a deeper look like you're writing, but doing it in an entertaining way so others give a shit. I think that, for me, is the balance I'm trying to find.
Exactly, its tough to figure out what to do that will keep people coming back. Conversely, I'm also trying to make a greater effort to read other GM's material. Like real baseball, the joy for me is more than just the the results of each game, but the quirky things that happen during the season. This is what makes this OOTP league unique, is the drive to make it immersive.
:cool: They say it don't be like it is, but it do!

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:13 pm

DugoutDesperado wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:15 pm
DugoutDesperado wrote:
The only time that I get in the mood to write TN's is when I am sitting naked in my bean bag chair eating cheeto's a la Ron White.
Disclaimer - that was the vodka typing - not me.
Time to make the switch to VODAK -- much safer!
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:17 pm

jiminyhopkins wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:13 pm
DugoutDesperado wrote:
DugoutDesperado wrote:
The only time that I get in the mood to write TN's is when I am sitting naked in my bean bag chair eating cheeto's a la Ron White.
Disclaimer - that was the vodka typing - not me.
Time to make the switch to VODAK -- much safer!
As his last BBA GM, I disagree. :)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Polls”