Who Ya Got? FL Frontier

League-related polls only (use OT Forum for OT polls).

Which team wins the FL Frontier Division?

Edmonton (86-63) 13 GR
64%
Seattle (86-64 .5 GB) 12 GR
36%
Calgary (77-73, 9.5 GB) 12 GR
No votes

Total votes: 11

Rubaboo
BBA GM

Who Ya Got? FL Frontier

Post by Rubaboo » Mon May 20, 2019 10:18 am

2038 has very much been a season where the vast gap in talent in the haves and have nots has been placed squarely at the forefront of league optics. the JL Atlantic (Rockville, 29 game lead), JL Southeast (Jacksonville, 30.5 game lead), FL Heartland (Yellow Springs, 18 game lead), and FL Pacific (California, 15 game lead) have been basically decided for quite some time, with only the JL Sun Belt and the FL Frontier being up for grabs, and are they ever.

The Frontier started mostly as a three team race between Edmonton, Seattle, and Calgary. Calgary started out with a good April, but has seen their high powered rotation collectively turn in a 2038 to forget and fell off the pace shortly thereafter. Losing Lee Morgan, who was impressive until his unfortunate injury, didn't help matters. Edmonton has been atop the division for most of the season but has started to lose some steam in August and September and are seemingly in free fall at the moment. Opposite that stand Seattle who have come on very strongly since the all-star break to push the Jackrabbits for the Frontier crown. Seattle lost CL Axel Angwin in June and Edmonton have no significant injuries that I can see.

The Jackrabbits enjoy some home cooking (and maybe easy pickings?) for the last couple weeks of the season, hosting Des Moines for 4, Vancouver for 3 and San Antonio for 3 before heading on the road to finish with 3 in Idaho against the Spuds. Seattle will look to continue its strong play, hosting San Fernando for 3 before leaving Washington to head to Boise for 3, followed by 3 in Vancouver and 3 in Calgary to end the season.

So, who ya got?
Fred Holmes
General Manager
Mexico City Aztecs - BBA

BBA Champs - 2052
JL Champs - 2027, 2052
JL MW Champs - 2022, 2023, 2024, 2027
JL Sun Belt Champs - 2035, 2036, 2038
JL Frontier Champs - 2051, 2052
JL Manager of the Year - 2023, 2024, 2026, 2052

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Who Ya Got? FL Frontier

Post by RonCo » Mon May 20, 2019 10:34 am

Seattle has really struggled on the road, and that's where they play most of the last two weeks. It's been a heroic run, though. So you never know until you know.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

crobillard
Ex-GM

Re: Who Ya Got? FL Frontier

Post by crobillard » Tue May 21, 2019 1:08 am

Seattle should take this, Edmonton has been floundering for the past couple months and an injury to Fernando Cruz didn't help matters. That hasn't really been a major issue though as run production has been good. The pitching fell hard. In August all of our starters averaged mid 4 ERA aside from Chet Parrish with an ERA over 6 in August. He's lumped pretty roughly since the start of the season, so he's had a really rough back half. This September my starters are looking at ERAs of 5.40 minimum....

We'll keep doing what we're doing and hopefully the soft schedule will help us win some games, but four wins in September does not provide me with a ton of confidence. I am hoping we can squeak out enough victories to keep the division and keep Seattle at bay. Seattle swept me at home this month though, so they're playing good baseball. While I am hopeful we will get our shit together, Seattle should capitalize.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Polls”