Last One - Should Sheriff Rodriguez Opt Out?

League-related polls only (use OT Forum for OT polls).

Should Sheriff Rodriguez Opt Out of 25 mil?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:01 pm

Yes
9%
No
91%

Total votes: 11

Ted
Ex-GM

Last One - Should Sheriff Rodriguez Opt Out?

Post by Ted » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:06 pm

I'm going to do something new this offseason with free agents, so I figured I'd rack up some easy PP as a way to research the market. It should help you guys to with some questions I'll later be asking you. We've been wondering how good OOTP is at players judging the market when deciding on player opt outs and options. It does feel like a mixed bag so far. So, before we get to the wonderful day where we all figure out who is screwed and who is not so much, let's see what we think. Remember, I'm asking you, SHOULD this player opt out. Not whether you expect them to do so. With each player I ask about, I'll try to give a little background. Feel free to discuss.

Jorge Rodriguez

Ron wrote an article about it. Read it. Key Points. Will be 32. 12.5 x two years guaranteed if he opts in. He's about a 2.5 win player. OBP machine, defensive liability. Pretty steady performance past 5 seasons. If he doesn't opt out, he'll hit FA for his age 35 season and may not have much left. does he think going to FA and asking for more than two years will get him more than the 25 mil he could have guaranteed?
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

agrudez
Ex-GM

Re: Last One - Should Sheriff Rodriguez Opt Out?

Post by agrudez » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:12 pm

He feels fairly compensated to me. Tough one. Would probably tell him to just stick it out, though. The risk of coming in less than what it currently is on the open market seems to outweigh the remote possibility that he can get better.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Last One - Should Sheriff Rodriguez Opt Out?

Post by RonCo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:23 pm

I'm agnostic about him leaving. Probably better for us if he sticks around. If I'm his agent, I probably tell him to opt out because I figure he's probably not going to get much more or less in year 1 and 2, but he might get a third or fourth year added on--which would probably be more valuable than what he'll likely get in those years if he goes to the market as a 35 year old.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Polls”