The Curious case of Bobby Lynch

League-related polls only (use OT Forum for OT polls).

Should the Edmonton Jack Rabbits look for a suitor for Bobby Lynch in the near future?

Yes
22%
NO ARE you CRAZY!
78%

Total votes: 9

The Reverend
Ex-GM

The Curious case of Bobby Lynch

Post by The Reverend » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:50 pm

:coffee: Should the Edmonton Jack Rabbits look for a suitor for Bobby Lynch in the near future?

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: The Curious case of Bobby Lynch

Post by Lane » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:05 pm

I don't think so. He's still so young that there's plenty of time for him to be the foundation of the rotation for a contending Edmonton club.

But I don't think you'd be crazy to do it, if that was what you thought would be best for the franchise. I just don't think I would.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:16 pm

I picked, the are you crazy option, but for the right haul, you could move him. I just think there it would be easier to get better deals for some of the other players you have. There's enough good young talent there to make a trade or two from a position of strength for one of need to get Edmonton in contention in a year or two. Also, I'm the pitching and defense wins guy. You don't need just one good starter, or two, to to win in this league. You need three or four. Three or four quality arms. And two or three average ish ones to slot in when one of those other guys goes down. That's why I almost never trade away pitching. Bats are just easier to get. The only other option is to go the all star at every position strategy and five average starters, but that's so many bats that it's also tough.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:18 pm

You have to get two four star starter prospects over at 19 or older and developing well or nearly developed for a gamble like that to be worth it. You have so much offense that even if you got a "fair talent" offer for say a starter and two bats, that it still would make little sense because Edmonton NEEDS pitching.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

indiansfan
BBA GM

Post by indiansfan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:24 pm

Yep you'd be crazy to trade him, unless you trade him to me :grin: Seriously you either build around him or if you don't think you have enough then deal him. However, he is only 24. He will get expensive in a couple of years, but aces are really tough to come by.
Kevin

Calgary Pioneers 2004-
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 21
FL Champs 2018, 21, 39
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 19, 21, 34
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 26-29, 31-32, 35
JL WC 2040, 41, 44
FL MOY 2019, 34
JL MOY 2044

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 pm

I voted yes because I want him. :)

In all seriousness, the answer is probably not...but if I were making the decisions I'd be looking at my financial profile in a year or two and deciding if he was going to hit my window or not.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:27 am

I voted yes because it is never wrong to explore a player's value - especially when its clear that you don't have the pieces in place yet. I also think hitting is more important than pitching as a team claws their way towards relevancy (what good is having a top 5 pitcher if your offense can't win the next 4 games with non-top 5 pitchers). I also think there is tremendous diminishing returns for having one of the top 5 pitchers in the league - if your offense is worth anything, the difference between a top 5 pitcher and a top 30 pitcher probably isn't much in terms of actualized wins (ie. not WAR). And no, I'm not interested in paying what he should be worth on the open market - so this is an unbiased opinion.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Polls”