Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

League-related polls only (use OT Forum for OT polls).

Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Yes
5
45%
No
6
55%
 
Total votes: 11

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 8740
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:48 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by RonCo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:00 pm

The Nine are starting to come around, finally. We're 7.5 games back of perhaps the hottest team in the league.

Will the Nine make it? Will we catch the Hawks to take the Heartland division?
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

User avatar
agrudez
General Manager
Posts: 7337
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:30 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by agrudez » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Why does it have to be Yellow Springs catching or not catching Omaha? That insinuates you're better, but they got a head start and your only mitigating circumstance is the length of the season. Maybe they're better?
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Image

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 8740
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:48 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by RonCo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:41 pm

A simple no would probably suffice.
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

User avatar
niles08
General Manager
Posts: 832
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by niles08 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:33 pm

I am sure we will more than likely find a way to blow it lol.

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 8740
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:48 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by RonCo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:56 pm

That's not what the rest of the world says.
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

User avatar
Spiccoli
General Manager
Posts: 772
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:24 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by Spiccoli » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:07 pm

agrudez wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 pm
Why does it have to be Yellow Springs catching or not catching Omaha? That insinuates you're better, but they got a head start and your only mitigating circumstance is the length of the season. Maybe they're better?
:blink:
Is this a really long winded, rude and snarky way of saying "No, I don't think Yellow Springs will be able to catch Omaha because Omaha is a better team'?

Why Yellow Springs? Because Yellow Springs is in the same division as Omaha and is currently in 2nd Place behind them. Would you rather there be a poll asking if Rockville can catch Omaha for first place?

I mean, I've seen Long Beach and Las Vegas have rough starts to the season previously, only to surge later and take the Division? I really don't understand the tone of your post.

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 2281
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Alexandria, VA
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by usnspecialist » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:15 pm

stever being stever.
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
453-357

League Advisor: 2036-

Landis Champion- 2034
Johnson Champion- 2034
Frick Champion- 2036
Johnson League Southern- 2034
Wild Card- 2033, 2035, 2036

Image

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 8740
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:48 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by RonCo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Spiccoli wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:07 pm
agrudez wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 pm
Why does it have to be Yellow Springs catching or not catching Omaha? That insinuates you're better, but they got a head start and your only mitigating circumstance is the length of the season. Maybe they're better?
:blink:
Is this a really long winded, rude and snarky way of saying "No, I don't think Yellow Springs will be able to catch Omaha because Omaha is a better team'?

Why Yellow Springs? Because Yellow Springs is in the same division as Omaha and is currently in 2nd Place behind them. Would you rather there be a poll asking if Rockville can catch Omaha for first place?

I mean, I've seen Long Beach and Las Vegas have rough starts to the season previously, only to surge later and take the Division? I really don't understand the tone of your post.
That's all right.

In retrospect, the fact that we were picked to win the division, that we've won the division 3 of the last 5 years, or that our Pythagorean record puts us only a half game out of the division, or that Omaha has played 44 home games (and totally kicked ass in them) and only a shade over .500 in 30 road games, while Yellow Springs has played only 28 home games and kicked ass in our 49 road games probably doesn't say that we've got any chance at catching them.

I probably never should have asked.
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

User avatar
7teen
General Manager
Posts: 6489
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:59 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by 7teen » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:47 am

I voted No.




Only because I think it will be Madison that does! :crazylaugh: :crazylaugh: :crazylaugh: :crazylaugh:
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers
FL Pac Champs: '95

Madison Wolves
JL MW Champs: '99 to 2009, '17, '20, '21
JL Wildcard: '12
JL Champs: '01, '04, '09, '12
FL Heartland Champs: '32
FL Wildcard: '31, ‘33
MBWBA Champs: '04, '09

Image

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 8740
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:48 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by RonCo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:13 pm

I guess the answer was yes.
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

User avatar
bcslouck
General Manager
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Location: Pasadena, MD
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by bcslouck » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:01 am

Eh. 3.5 games is still behind, Ron. Duh. :D

Kind of surprising though given Omaha hasn't played that bad, at least overall record wise. You've gotten really hot though.
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)

User avatar
bcslouck
General Manager
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Location: Pasadena, MD
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by bcslouck » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:02 am

bcslouck wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:01 am
Eh. 3.5 games is still behind, Ron. Duh. :D

Kind of surprising though given Omaha hasn't played that bad, at least overall record wise. You've gotten really hot though.
Now that I think about it, I don't know if the reports are updated. So I could be wrong and maybe you did. :oops:
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 8740
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:48 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by RonCo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:43 am

By stats plus and our email, we are now tied.
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

User avatar
bcslouck
General Manager
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Location: Pasadena, MD
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by bcslouck » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:12 am

RonCo wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:43 am
By stats plus and our email, we are now tied.
Ahh, so yeah. I done goofed.
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)

User avatar
Ted
General Manager
Posts: 3856
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Will Yellow Springs catch Omaha?

Post by Ted » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:42 pm

I would like to point out that by the original poll, three of us are really, really smart. S-M-R-T! (Ron doesn't count because that's obviously a homer vote.)
Ted Schmidt
California Crusaders (2021-present)
Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Polls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest