Luke Jordan: Silent Super Star

Backstory and history of a particular player- make them come to life!
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Luke Jordan: Silent Super Star

Post by RonCo » Mon May 30, 2016 12:33 pm

Luke Jordan Knows What He Wants
October 24, 2026 – Luke Jordan is exhibit #1 that what happens in Vegas most definitely does not stay in Vegas. That’s his home town—at least that’s where he was born. “I like Yellow Springs,” he says now. “I hope I can call this place home for a long time.” And you know what, you can take this guy’s word for it. While the rest of the world is going to Hell in a fake advertising front, Luke Jordan is as loyal as an unturnable Jedi Knight.

“He is the Force,” said teammate Luis Bacca at an interview earlier this year. “He’s the most stable guy I know. Never sways much … never panics. There’s a word for that, right, what is it?”

“Implacable?” the interviewer added.

“Yeah. That’s it. Luke is implacable.”

He’s also quietly growing into the guy a lot of fans wanted to see when the team drafted him as the #1 pick in the draft three years back. A year later, 2024, when injuries forced the Yellow Springs hand a bit, Jordan came up as a 23-year-old, and modestly held his own in hitting 13 homers and posting a 92 OPS+. All right for the average rook, but Luke Jordan was #1, and the bullet seemed to have lost a touch of its shine.

2025 was stronger, though (17 homers, .262/.302/.434), and 2026 was stronger still (18 HR, 78 RBI, .277/.328/.470, 118 OPS+).

Team insiders are suggesting that he’ll enter his 2027 season at age 26, poised for a true breakout. Scouts look at the numbers and smile, then they say the kid Jedi hasn’t finished his training yet, that he’s still got patience and plate discipline to grow into. When that happens, they say, he’ll be hitting .300 and be a candidate for 50 doubles to go with those 20+ homers he’ll hit. Do you know how hard is to hit 20 homers when you play in Chavez Memorial? they say, then they shake their heads and move along.

Jordan’s got other things on his mind now.

He’s getting married in the off-season, to his college sweetheart, Melissa Ling, an emergency room clinician who spends months administering to kids and mothers in third world countries. “She’s awesome,” he says when asked to describe her. “She cares more about people than anyone else I’ve ever known.” They’re honeymooning in Hawaii, and will set up house here in Yellow Springs. No pets, though. Not yet.

“I’d love to have a big dog,” Jordan says. “But we’re not in the right businesses for giving that kind of attention to an animal. I’m on the road all the time, and Missy can be gone for months at a time. Maybe when I’m done playing ball. We’ll see.”

When the club splits for Spring Training, Jordan will go there, and his wife will head to the Congo.

“Yeah,” he says. “I’ll miss her, but that’s the gig we’ve got. It’ll all work out in the end.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: Luke Jordan: Silent Super Star

Post by trmmilwwi » Mon May 30, 2016 12:41 pm

One hell of a player... Not the best one in the clan though!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Mon May 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Perhaps he's the middle guy? :) We're still happy to have him.
Roster

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Tue May 31, 2016 11:47 am

I've been burned by irrational love of RHBs with reverse splits before (*cough* Zod *cough*) so I'll temper my excitement for Jordan - while still being excited about his development.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:32 am

agrudez wrote:I've been burned by irrational love of RHBs with reverse splits before (*cough* Zod *cough*) so I'll temper my excitement for Jordan - while still being excited about his development.
I don't know if I like that kind of split. It just means their righties that struggle with the pitchers all other righties have an advantage on. It's not like having a plus split against the same handed pitcher makes that pitcher's splits not matter. That being said, Jordan looks like he'll finish out as a right handed 9/8/9/6/6 against righties, which is pretty sweet. I'm not sure why the game's scouting is so high on his glove, but it's at least solid. Great player.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:22 am

The game is always high on _something_.
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Player Spotlights”