A Quick Look at Offseason Trades So Far

Analyze and breakdown all Brewster Baseball Association deals here
agrudez
Ex-GM

Re: A Quick Look at Offseason Trades So Far

Post by agrudez » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Al-Hoot wrote:As to trading all to one team. I got like two trade queries. One was from agrudez, about Dowdle. Well, as much as I enjoy agrudez for many reasons, I'm a bit tired of trading with Omaha, and anyway Kyle was seemingly putzing around for a month apparently undecided whether he was willing to part with who I wanted. Or waiting me out. I got tired of waiting. ;)
Yeah... sorry about that. I was trying to wait for the FA market to shake out, but guys I target always take half a dozen sims before they finally sign with me (if they do). I 'spose Nebraska would be my plan Z as well, so I can't blame 'em too much!
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

agrudez
Ex-GM

Re: A Quick Look at Offseason Trades So Far

Post by agrudez » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:05 pm

aaronweiner wrote:Compare Larry Crawford with Vogel sometime
That is a tough comp because Crawford has right-handed-itis, though (of course, he has better ratings as well, so perhaps it balances out). A quick filtering got me this guy as the best comp. He has better CON (+2 vs. RH and +1 vs. LH), but considerably less GAP (which probably evens out in the OPS equation). He doesn't have much of a track record to compare to, though.

This guy from '07 on (after lumping a CON point) might be a decent comp as someone with a ML track record. He still had better CON (and EYE, marginally), but less GAP again... so the OPS is probably even'd out. So, by that comp, you're looking at a .775ish OPS... which is, as you say, is right around league average here (I'd estimate a 105 ERA+ in any given year). Add some elite defense at a prime position and I could see him being a 2ish WAR player, personally. A steady contributor for sure.

That said, I bet Al likes him considerably more than either of us because he is a traditional stats guy and we're advanced metrics guys... and Vogel looks primed to be this league's version of Brandon Phillips. ;)
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Trade Analysis”