Robins/M'opes Lower Minors Deal

Analyze and breakdown all Brewster Baseball Association deals here
shoeless.db
BBA GM

Robins/M'opes Lower Minors Deal

Post by shoeless.db » Mon May 06, 2024 4:12 pm

Hello and welcome to the Brewstopocene Reviewed, a podcast league feature where I review different facets of the Brewster-centered planet on a five star scale. I’m shoeless, GM of the Sacramento Mad Popes, and today I’ll be reviewing the trade that sent Brooklyn prospect Chinh Tran-Nhu to Sacramento in exchange for prospects Bill Kuhn and José Muñóz.

It's 1986. Halloween night. I'm nine-years-old, wearing a hard plastic mask of a clown's face with bright red blood dripping from the mouth. I'm in my glory.

The gang of neighborhood boys and I scavenge the neighborhood for every piece of candy available at homes with their porch light on, dropping empty wrappers in the yards of houses that were dark. We traveled up and down every street. Ran through alleys and sprinted across busy roads. New destinations coming and going with the spreading of rumors from other boys we knew: the green house on Thompson's giving out full candy bars; Bubba Thomas got a yoyo from that creepy guy on Griffin Street; and, somebody on St. Joseph Drive left a huge bowl of candy on their front step.

We went everywhere we could, culminating with the large apartment complexes that felt almost like cheating for how close the doors were to each other.

When the pillow-cases we used to collect our loot were full and our shoulders could no longer carry the weight of the candy and pop (and that stupid orange we got on Ryan Dr.), we'd collect at one of my buddy's houses and spread our haul onto the basement's vibrant orange carpet. This is where the second half of the fun began: the trades.

It would start off slow -- a Milky Way for a Butterfinger or a Laffy Taffy for a Airhead. Before long the trading would ramp up to levels rarely scene even on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. There'd be five for one's happening over by the couch and tens for sixes over by the toy box. Arguments would break out. Accusations of theft were rampant.

And I did all I could to collect as many Bottlecaps, Score bars, and those weird orange and black wrapped peanut butter taffy candies. Those were my favorites and there were no amounts of other candies I wouldn't give up to get what I wanted. Snickers were trade bait. So were Three Musketeers and Sprees and Fun Dip. I had a plan -- a candy philosophy, if you will -- and I stuck to it.

I have the same style of philosophy when it comes to what I want in players and my trading for them.

I reached out to Brooklyn on a New Years Day of 2059 and offered him two full-sized Snicker Bars (Kuhn and Munoz) for his big box of Bottlecaps I had my eye on since Ben landed him at Miller's house up past the park in the first round of the 2058 Draft.

There was no hiding my intent. My reason for wanting Tran-Nhu was obvious. Ben even made the comment, "It's on brand. I'll confirm the trade." Tran-Nhu has what I value in players -- all contact, all day (wish he was faster ... and maybe could play somewhere other than first base).

Kuhn and Munoz are solid prospects, just different styles. Where Tran-Nhu has high BABIP potential, Kuhn and Munoz excel at drawing walks and hitting the ball over the fence.

Here's the sugary truth: I'd have thrown in two "party-sized" 100 Grands if he would have asked, despite Kuhn and Tran-Nhu both being projected as 60-rated first baseman and with Munoz, a good quality COF prospect, as a sweetener (pun fully intended).

I give trading for a specific candy you love while giving up more of another candy you don't like FIVE STARS!
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: Robins/M'opes Lower Minors Deal

Post by Trebro » Mon May 06, 2024 5:11 pm

This entire article is so on brand.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Trade Analysis”