I Was Told Ted Does Not Still Do These. (4/16 - 4/18 Recap)

Analyze and breakdown all Brewster Baseball Association deals here
agrudez
Ex-GM

I Was Told Ted Does Not Still Do These. (4/16 - 4/18 Recap)

Post by agrudez » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Nashville-Omaha
Nashville sends:
Steven Clulow(BBA)

Omaha sends:
Alexis Urgeses(A)
Miroslav Tamonek(AAA)

Uh...

Hm...

I... well... you know what? Nevermind - inc. plagiarism:
bschr682 wrote:Yikes.
Louisville-Calgary
Louisville gets:
Sparky Andersen 2B
Antonio Cruz 2B, A Quebec

Calgary gets:
Antonio Robles
Jose Cota OF, AAA Missouri

A rare deal that sees both MLers and prospects going back both ways. Of course, both prospects are minor league fodder so we'll cut to the chase of Andersen for Robles. They are both 25 and still in team control years (with Andersen being in arb and Robles still in min salary time) so they are similar there - meaning it boils down to a pretty straight swap. On skillset alone, I certainly side in favor of Robles (LH'd, good defense) based on my player preference, but it's tough to argue against Andersen's steady success throughout his career (who wouldn't want a .384 OBP atop their lineup?). Incredibly, he is hitting his way into a solid WAR this year despite a -7.1 ZR in 1/2 a season's worth of games played as well. I'm trying to not let my player bias show here, so I'll call this one a wash (though with the likely caveat that both teams got what they wanted in swapping positions).

Louisville-Omaha
Louisville gets:
THE CHUNK Cavazos SP

Omaha gets:
SLIDER Ramirez

Oh, hey, there's a familiar face! Good to see Chunk still putting up solid WAR numbers even as he starts to Sundown in his old age. Looking at their team, it looks like Louisville really needed a #3 SP to pitch twice in the playoffs and that's what they get here. With his age and contract; however, it feels like a tough pill to take - which is exactly why Omaha decided to literally give him away. In the end, it feels a touch short-sighted for the Sluggers as Cavazos will be 35 soon and still has 3 years and 40.5M left to get paid. Of course, he still has it now, so maybe he keeps it all the way through? Or maybe they get one more year and then he falls off a cliff? I suppose time will tell on Louisville's side of the deal, but I can clearly and emphatically congratulate Omaha on a prescient move for their franchise either way.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

indiansfan
BBA GM

Re: I Was Told Ted Does Not Still Do These. (4/16 - 4/18 Rec

Post by indiansfan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:00 am

Cota really filled a need for me too as a good bench outfielder that could field all 3 positions. Always liked Sparky, but I am loaded at 1B and he was killing me defensively at 2B. Now with Rios up at 2B he was expendable, I got a decent catcher which I was lacking and Louisville got an on base machine to replace that guy they have if he ever retires. Plus Robles was wasting on the bench there. Think this one helped both of us by swapping surplus.
Kevin

Calgary Pioneers 2004-
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 21
FL Champs 2018, 21, 39
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 19, 21, 34
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 26-29, 31-32, 35
JL WC 2040, 41, 44
FL MOY 2019, 34
JL MOY 2044

niles08
BBA GM

Post by niles08 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:25 am

Two good trades for Omaha in 3 days :)

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:30 pm

niles08 wrote:Two good trades for Omaha in 3 days :)
I haven't yet ruled out the possibility that you have kompromat on Nashville's GM.
-Ron, 2025 media guide

niles08
BBA GM

Post by niles08 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:34 pm

agrudez wrote:
niles08 wrote:Two good trades for Omaha in 3 days :)
I haven't yet ruled out the possibility that you have kompromat on Nashville's GM.
I just want to say that there wasn't any real negotiations even on these trades...They were super easy trades that were a simple "I have interest in this player, what would you like for him"...He named off a few guys on my team and that was that." I still think that the Clulow deal could swing his way if those pitchers develop, There is also nothing saying that this trade couldn't swing his way if the pitcher he got with Tremblett develops more.

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:36 pm

niles08 wrote:I just want to say that there wasn't any real negotiations even on these trades...They were super easy trades that were a simple "I have interest in this player, what would you like for him"...He named off a few guys on my team and that was that." I still think that the Clulow deal could swing his way if those pitchers develop, There is also nothing saying that this trade couldn't swing his way if the pitcher he got with Tremblett develops more.
Uh huh. That's exactly what a troll farm employee would say. :P
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Trade Analysis”