Analyze and breakdown all Brewster Baseball Association deals here
udlb58
Ex-GM

2025 Trade Review, June 11 Edition

Post by udlb58 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:57 pm

Well, I am bored so I suppose...

Louisville/Indy
Louisville receives:
P Luis Méndez - Boring and league average in every sense of the phrase. Able to be a back of the rotation filler, or eat up innings in the pen
SP Al Martínez (A) - Kind of a 20yo, lefty version of Méndez, could be good enough vs RHB to be a back of the rotation guy if his changeup develops.
SP Gonzalo Delgado (R) - AAA pitcher without any bumps, but he has a good makeup, 3 potential pitches, a rubber arm, and he consistently tops 90 mph.
Indy receives:
RP Miguel Lara - Righty that is very good at keeping the ball in the park and avoiding walks.

Analysis:
Indy is able to improve the bullpen and save ~$2M over this season and next; Louisville gets two decent pitching prospects plus a potential asset that can be flipped between now and the trade deadline (or off-season, or 2026 deadline). Really like the move for both sides, especially if Louisville gets further assets out of Méndez.

[hr]

Tucson/Louisville
Tucson receives:
RF Martin Felix - *Active leader in career hits still has plenty of ability left in a DH platoon
Louisville receives:
DH Thomas Hollis - Young, lefty DH with 25+ HR power
SP Steve Riley (A) - Lefty with six (6!) pitches, but probably won't ever have the consistency to be in the rotation.
C Shag Hopkins (R) - Lefty catching prospect with a cannon arm and plus potential at the plate (for the position)

Analysis:
The Pacific leading Cactus get one of the best hitters of the past decade, and he still has tread on the tire! Louisville continues to ship off anything that isn't strapped down. They do get a DH that could be something if his power develops a little, and a catching prospect that could be an everyday starter if he reaches his potential.

[hr]

Louisville/Madison
Louisville receives:
LF Julio Castillo (AAA) - AAAA type player
Madison receives:
$1,000,000

Analysis:
Cash deals.....yea? Only 67 more trades like this and Madison recoups one season of Alfredo Salazar.

[hr]

Huntsville/Tucson
Huntsville receives:
SP Jose Cavazos - Young, power lefty starter with a great sinker who will be a free agent this winter.
Tucson receives:
SP Cesar Sandoval - Consistent, solid, middle of the rotation starter who is cost controlled for one more year.
3B Ricardo Guerra (AA) - Has the ability to be a solid defensive 3B and make plenty of contact, but he will never have the power one wants to see out of an everyday corner infielder.
RP Esteban Gil (A) - Well developed 21yo bullpen arm. Should be a solid middle reliever very soon.

Analysis:
I really think Tucson makes out well here. Many will say Huntsville got the best player in the trade, but I don't think that is necessarily true. Cavazos is certainly electric and unhittable at times, but Sandoval has been more consistent and has been an above average starting pitcher to this point. To get two decent prospects is just icing on the cake. I'm sure both GMs will feel good about this deal at the end of the year, which is the sign of a good trade.

[hr]
[hr]
Greenville Moonshiners/Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: 2026-Present
Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: (1251-1018); 2029, 2031, 2034-38 Div. Champions
Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)

felipe
Ex-GM

Re: 2025 Trade Review, June 11 Edition

Post by felipe » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:12 pm

Thank you Tyler, excellent analysis

Don't be afraid to tell the world I screwed these bitches

c-mitch
Ex-GM

Post by c-mitch » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:57 pm

Guerra just went down for like 9 months. :(

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:29 pm

Sandoval and Cavazos put up pretty similar numbers, but I'm obsessed with Southpaws and he's 3 years younger. As long as I can talk him down from this 16M/year ask I'm happy.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

udlb58
Ex-GM

Post by udlb58 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:34 pm

c-mitch wrote:Guerra just went down for like 9 months. :(
Long-term injuries are always scary in OOTP, hopefully he'll bounce back
Greenville Moonshiners/Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: 2026-Present
Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: (1251-1018); 2029, 2031, 2034-38 Div. Champions
Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)